Data Science & Engineering Team Lead (Hadoop, Apache Airflow, Spark, ETL, Python, AWS)
- Competitive Base + Bonus
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- BAH Partners
- 22 Apr 19
My client is one of the fastest growing international tech firms in Hong Kong right now. They are extremely well established after a decade and its product is globally #1 in its niche. They have been experiencing double digit growth in the past 5 years. They are cash rich, privately funded, with state-of-the-art offices in the heart of Hong Kong.
- In short, this is a people management role leading a team of Data Scientists & Data Engineers.
- We are looking for someone who likes to remain hands-on in building data pipelines, building machine learning models, creating data-driven business insights, all the while mentoring and developing people.
- You would be the Subject Matter Expert on all things Data - providing technical solutions on ETL tools, data warehousing, visualization, and creating data-driven insights to answer mission critical business questions
- This is a business aligned role where your insights will directly impact the firm's product decisions across their iOS, Mac, Android, Windows, Linux, Web platforms.
- Work with cutting edge data technologies: Apache Airflow, Spark, Hadoop, AWS Services, Google Services, Python, Pandas, Jupyter notebooks, Tableau, Grafana, Postgres, InfluxDB, Redshift, BigQuery
Company & Software Development Culture:
- Extremely international (English-speaking), flat structure, meritocratic environment, excellent opportunities for advancement.
- Agile Scrum methodology, TDD, CI/CD, DevOps heavy, microservices architecture
- Proven experience in directly managing people is a must
- Expertise in building data pipelines, ETL tools & processes, and using data science to generate insights for the business
- Proficiency in at least one programming language (preferably Python)
- Excellent communication and stakeholder engagement skills in English
- Educational background in a quantitative subject or Computer Science