Data Product Manager – Group Strategy & Projects (Project Management) (12-month contract)
We are on an exciting journey of simplifying and transforming our data landscape. Collaborative Intelligence & Analytics, part of the Group Strategy and Project Management division, aims to empower the staff and clients of HKEX with the use of data,and to improve efficiency and profitability of HKEX's business by making data-driven decisions, and we are now inviting a Data Product Manager to join our team.
The position we offer:
As a Data Product Manager, you will help to lead innovation with our Big Data and Analytics Platforms, working with business and data science teams to drive business growth. You will guide various business functions to embed analytical processes into their decision-making framework, building data pipelines for business and operational teams to self-serve business intelligence queries.
You should been experienced in the use of data and statistical analysis to help drive business value, be an effective communicator and able to work effectively in cross-functional teams and constantly changing environment.
- Defining the vision and strategy for adoption of data-driven solutions to the business
- Working closely with business owners, data scientists and analysts to inspire business adoption of data-driven and machine learning solutions
- Innovate, educate, and drive new data and analytics concepts across all areas in the organisation
- Determine data solution viability and prioritisation
- Define features and product specifications, release plans, facilitate user studies and test plans
- Engage with Data Architects and Data Engineers to refine platform offerings and architecture
- Working closely with Data Management Team to help to promote data management best practices in the organisation
- Working closely with Platform Engineers for product and service launch, including release planning, capacity management and operational review
We expect the ideal candidate to have 4+ years of experience in Product Management related to data, or similar experience as a Data Engineer, Data Scientist or similar role. You should have strong interests in the latest developments in Data Technology.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics or related field
- Data driven thinking
- Excellent communication skills and experience working in cross-functional teams, able to communicate effectively with both business and technical teams
- Experience in end-to-end analytics projects involving a large variety of complex data sets
- Ability to draw insights from data and clearly communicate them to the stakeholders and senior management
- Ability to independently influence and drive delivery, set clear expectations and road maps.
- Solid grounding in the Financial Services industry
- Understanding of statistical models, machine learning, graph analysis
- You will be joining across functional team in a highly international environment based in Hong Kong, London and Shenzhen.
Applicants who do not hear from us within 6 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful. Personal data provided will only be used for the purpose of employment application to HKEX.