Data Management Specialist - Group Strategy and Projects (Project Management) (12-Month Contract)
HKEX is on an exciting journey of transforming our data landscape. Collaborative Intelligence & Analytics, part of the Group Strategy and Project Management division, aims to empower the staff and clients of HKEX with the use of data, and to improve efficiency and profitability of HKEX's business by making data-driven decisions. We are inviting an experienced Data Management Specialist to join our programme. The position we offer:
You will develop and lead a data management function, have a crucial role in executing our Data Strategy, and be part of a major change programme aimed at delivering cutting edge analytics capability for HKEX. You should have extensive experience in data management and governance. You will cooperate with senior leaders from different business areas to shape our data governance landscape, and drive the implementation of data management capabilities for HKEX. Job Responsibilities:
- Managing the end-to-end data management process for data acquisition and processing, data quality and governance for our Enterprise Data platform.
- Deploy a metadata management framework to cover data lineage, access control, data catalogue, data encryption, anonymisation, etc.
- Work with vendors onshore and offshore, and help build a near-shore operation team to cover data operations of our new Big Data and Analytics platforms on cloud
- Develop best practices for group data management to minimise operational effort, automating processes where possible
- Work closely with Data Architecture and Product Engineering to design and continuously refine platform offerings and architecture
- Collaborate with Data Stewards in various business areas to design and continuously refine and optimise our data governance process
- Develop & maintain inventory of the enterprise information maps, including authoritative systems, owners
- Facilitate the development and implementation of data quality standards, data protection standards and adoption requirements across the Group
- Define indicators of performance and quality metrics and ensure compliance with data related policies, standards, roles and responsibilities, and adoption requirements
The ideal candidate should have extensive experience (10+ years) in the data management and governance space, although candidates with lesser experience will also be considered. You should be experienced in setting up data management and governance processes for an enterprise and have proven track record of delivery, demonstrating an ability to solve complex problems. Experience in leading a team is preferred. Furthermore, you must have:
- Data driven thinking
- Experience in establishing Enterprise Data Catalogue
- Experience in metadata management and data lineage
- Knowledge in data management with cloud-based infrastructure (AWS, Azure or GCP)
- Solid understanding of data privacy and protection regulations (PDPO or GDPR)
- Excellent communication skills and experience working in cross functional teams
You will be joining a cross functional team in a highly international environment based across Hong Kong, London and Shenzhen.
Applicants who do not hear from us within 6 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful. Personal data provided will only be used for the purpose of employment application to HKEX.