Data Center / Operations - Data Center and User Building
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
The candidate will participate in technology engineering, design and build for co-location sites, equipment and technology rooms, and user buildings. Design includes detailed data center layout, infrastructure cabling, horizontal cabling, vertical riser cabling and cabinet layout design. Documentation and drawings to be created and maintained. The role will also include operational data center management responsibilities across the Asia Pacific region. Responsibilities include working with vendors for device installation, moves and changes, troubleshooting, capacity planning, access control management and work management. The candidate must have a strong background in vendor management, maintaining documentation and procedures, audit tasks, change management, inventory management, power downs and BCP test support. The role requires excellent communication skills and team work. The candidate will be working closely with team members within region and globally across the infrastructure teams as well corporate services and facilities management. The candidate will also work closely and provide direction to vendors in this space. Goldman Sachs is seeking a motivated person who has a strong sense of ownership and ability to work in a global team environment. Analytical skills and project management experience are highly desired. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Knowledge of data center environments (power, cooling, security, fire controls), data center infrastructure management tools, data center design concepts, cabling standards, racking standards, power standards and building codes
• General understanding of server, network, storage and appliance hardware and network connectivity technologies SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent industry experience
• 2+ years of experience in infrastructure technology
• Experience in large scale cabling design
• Experience working in a data center environment
• Experience with DCIM tools, ITIL processes and Microsoft productivity tools
• Ability to work in a flexible work schedule which may include weeknights, weekends, holidays, etc.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize work in a fast paced, high pressure environment
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an aptitude to communicate technical issues to technical and non-technical and technical audiences
• Ability to manage vendors to drive outcomes and meet deadlines
• Detailed in documentation ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.