Data Analytics Manager/Scientist - Regulatory Analytics (Bank)
- HKD60000 - HKD80000 per month
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan McKinley Hong Kong
- 16 Mar 18 2018-03-16
As a global professional recruitment consultancy, Morgan McKinley connects specialist talent with leading employers across multiple industries and disciplines. We have established ourselves as a preferred supplier to many of the major players in our specialist sectors, as well as with thousands of smaller local employers. In Hong Kong, we recruit within the following sectors: Accounting & Finance, Banking and Financial Services, Human Resources, IT, Risk, Compliance, Legal & Audit, Office Support and Sales & Marketing.
Our client is a global bank with a growing focus on using analytics across its risk and compliance areas. As pioneers in the industry, they are looking for a hands-on Data Analytics Manager to join their Regulatory Compliance Analytics team.
This role will require the candidate to have strong hands on experience with machine learning, statistical and numerical techniques, data manipulation, feature engineering, linear and non linear regressions and predictive modelling and have a strong understanding of financial industries.
- Develop data analytics and predictive models to support the Regulatory Compliance function and in the management and monitoring of product, sale, post sale risks
- Delive the product risk management agenda through data management and statistical analysis
- Support the definition and build out of the product, sale, post sale analytics framework.
- Extract and analyse data through core systems utilising SQL, SAS software or other data management tools, design analytics supporting data consolidation
- Develop predictive models and data analytics insights using machine learning techniques
- Ensure the provision and adoption, of high quality insight and recommendations to further enhance the customer experience and the management of conduct
- Define compliance metrics and design Tableau visualisation dashboards to provide business insight
- Execute the assigned projects and analysis as per the agreed timelines
- Complete analysis as required and document results and formally present findings to management
- Adhere with all the applicable compliance policies and the bank's business standards as applicable
- Post Graduate qualifications such as quantitative MSc or PhD in Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Econometrics, Electronic Engineering or any other relevant quantitative discipline
- Significant experience in relevant Analytics field
- Excellent knowledge of statistical and numerical techniques, data manipulation, feature engineering, linear and non linear regressions, predictive modelling, machine learning
- Strong experience in any of the following, Matlab, Python, R with relevant ML libraries
- Strong knowledge of Big Data stack such as Hadoop or Hortonworks, NoSQL, Elastic, MongoDB, HBase Cassandra, Data ingestion tools likes Flume, Kafka, Sqoop and Storm
- Experience with Tableau and Qlikview visualization software
- Knowledge and understanding of financial services preferred and market conduct landscape is preferred
- Project based business knowledge, and awareness of model risk governance
- Creative and analytical thought process and aptitude for problem solving
This is an excellent opportunity for individuals seeking an opportunity to contribute to the latest projects in an established, stable bank that is able to offer a highly competitive package and excellent working environment.
To apply online please click the 'Apply' button below. For a confidential discussion about this role please contact Shyra Kamarudin on +852 3907 3975.