DWS - KYC Subject Matter Expert - Assistant Vice President
DWS is one of the world's leading investment organizations, offering institutions traditional and alternative investments across all major asset classes.
DWS has been embarking on a significant investment and upgrade of our Client On boarding Platform and this position will play a key role in the transformation of the client implementation and client service experience for APAC clients.
KYC Subject Matter Expert (SME) will primarily be responsible for providing KYC training for different stakeholders within DWS. SME will also advise local regulatory requirement and market practice on Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Know Your Client (KYC) procedures, and assist in closing the gap with DWS KYC standard. The SME will also work closely with Regional Compliance and Sales as well as its counterparts in other regions.
Consequently, we require an experienced professional who is self-initiative and have ambition to learn new knowledge in a dynamically changing environment. The SME is required to have problem-solving mind-set and must be detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task, prioritize work assignments, communicate effectively with internal staff and clients, and complete assignments accurately and in a timely manner. Responsibilities:
- Provide Training on DWS KYC policies
- Advise on local regulatory KYC requirement and market practice and support gap mitigation with DWS standard
- Support in updating KYC policy/ Key Operating Procedure for APAC regions
- Coordinate various APAC regional KYC projects
- Cooperate with Global SME team for Global KYC projects
- Long-standing experience in KYC roles with institutional clients
- Project management skills and ability to manage multiple responsibilities and work streams preferred
- Knowledge in FATCA & CRS. Hands-on experience preferred
- Strong track record of working with different teams in order to meet or exceed tight deadlines
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated excellence in previous endeavors and a high quality educational background (university degree). CAMS designation a plus
- Ability to assess complex problems, articulate the challenge to different audiences and identify suitable solutions
- Excellent organization and comfort working in a flexible/ fluid manner
- Strong desire for excellence and self-motivation, coupled with a strong team player orientation
- Ability to operate independently
- Experience and comfort in dealing with senior management
- Excellent MS Office skills, especially excel and powerpoint
- Language fluency in English, other Asian languages is a plus
Our values define the working environment we strive to create - diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Click here to find out more about diversity and inclusion at Deutsche Bank.