Cyber Security Analyst - Mox
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
As one of the biggest banks in market, we are rapidly expanding by growing a new virtual banking business in Hong Kong. We see ourselves as a fast growing start-up company where you will enjoy autonomy and teamwork at the same time, solving new and exciting problems in a nimble and agile way. Join us and be part of history making for future banking experience! The Role Responsibilities
A unique opportunity has opened up for recent graduates in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Cyber Security or similar disciplines to gain hands on experience in a high-performing Cyber Security team.
The diverse range of hands on experience in this role is a rare opportunity. You will be required to follow established processes, contribute to and build new processes that will enhance automation, provide front-line services to our internal business stakeholders to operate to contribute to enhance our cyber security posture.
Primary responsibility is to support the Cyber & Digital Trust team and predominately focusing on the following duties:
• Technical hands-on implementation and maintenance of cyber security tools and solutions.
• Performing gap-analysis, hardening and improving baseline cyber security controls.
• Provide cyber security support, subject matter expertise, and consultancy services to stakeholders.
• Act as a trusted advisor and support stakeholders in meeting their cyber security control obligations.
• Support the build, implementation, and execution of processes and tools to support business and cyber security objectives.
• Communicate risk with key stakeholders to support business driven risk assessments.
• Conduct research to analyse up-to-date security vulnerabilities and threats and apply and/or enhance security initiatives.
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the latest attacks, vulnerabilities, mitigation strategies, industry best practices and regulations.
• Configuring and supporting security tools such as Secure Internet Proxy, Anti-malware, SIEM, Vulnerability Management, NIDS/HIDS technologies. Our Ideal Candidate
• A positive attitude and an eagerness to learn new technology in container and cloud security.
• A critical thinker, with strong problem-solving skills, analytical skills with an ability to enhance or automate processes.
• The ability to see opportunities to improve, break them into logical pieces of work and follow them through to execution at a technical level.
• An understanding of software engineering concepts, methodologies and practices.
• Hands-on experience designing and implementing security technology.
• A basic understanding of firewalling, networking and security principles in network segmentation.
• A basic understanding of Microsoft Office 365 technologies and capabilities of E5 licensing.
• The ability to manage multiple projects under strict timelines.
• Good understanding of Security Incident Management practices.
• Excellent communication skills to explain complex technical scenarios, cyber security specific threats, and related mitigating controls into a language that stakeholders at all levels can understand.
• Self-driven attitude, with the ability to take ownership of tasks, clarify task objectives, prioritize your own work, and maintain focus on delivery.
• Collaborative approach to working with others and a passionate champion of Cyber Security throughout the business.
• Active interest in furthering your own knowledge and skills in Cyber Security, including industry involvement in organizations.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions. Find out more at mox.com.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .