Heng An Standard Life (Asia) Limited (“HASL Asia”, previously named “Standard Life (Asia) Limited”) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Heng An Standard Life Insurance Company Limited (“HASL”).
HASL Asia’s presence in Hong Kong can be traced back to 1999 when it was established under the name of “Standard Life (Asia) Limited” and registered as an authorised insurer in Hong Kong. It was a wholly owned subsidiary of Standard Life Aberdeen plc (“SLA”) until June 2020 when it was sold to HASL with the strategic goal to align SLA’s Hong Kong and Mainland China insurance businesses and create a single, stronger base for future development.
HASL is a 50:50 Sino-foreign joint venture business between SLA in the UK and Tianjin TEDA International Holding (Group) Company Limited in Mainland China. This strong background creates a unique advantage for HASL Asia in Hong Kong leveraging on its heritage as part of a Sino-foreign joint venture insurance group.
Work as a team with other colleagues to deliver market leading customer service to our brokers and end customers.
- Participate in the hotline to take calls from customers and answer their questions in a timely, professional and polite manner.
- Make out bound calls to customers to ensure we comply with regulations in a professional and friendly manner.
- Deliver quality customer service and handle enquiries or complaints through multiple channels including letters, telephone calls and emails. Targets set for speed, accuracy, quality, clarity and empathy, should be met at all times.
- At all times taking full ownership of any issues and enquiries
- Collect feedback & reflect customer needs and expectation to the Company.
- Build strong relationships with key customers, colleagues, intermediaries and other external contacts.
- Handle different types of Policy Alterations and Policy Servicing on different types of products efficiently and effectively, such as rider addition, lapse, surrender and reinstatement.
- Act as a key contact point for both internal and external customers and provide day-to-day administrative support.
- Prepare policy endorsements and contract provisions for policy changes.
- Participate in company projects as necessary, including the testing of new systems and products.
- Help to design and update manuals, procedures, documentation and reports of the Life/Asia System, their upcoming modifications and other related systems.
- Recommend changes to procedures/processes and participating in their implementation.
- Develop and maintain an accurate filing system for the division.
- Maintain an understanding and awareness on key aspects of life insurance, legislation, compliance and the market.
Qualifications / Experience / Requirements
- University graduate is required.
- At least 3 years experience in the life insurance industry preferably in Customer Service, with exposure to various type of policy alterations including fund-related transactions and with good knowledge of investment products.
- Self-motivated, a quick learner and a good team player.
- Mature, good telephone manners and good disposition.
- Can deal with customers face to face or on the phone.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Work well under pressure and able to complete task at a timely manner.
- Ability to work unsupervised, to work on own initiative and prioritise work.
- Ability to develop and maintain meaningful relationships with customers, intermediaries, colleagues and industry agencies.
- Good command of both written and spoken English and Chinese. Good Mandarin will be an asset.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft word, Excel, PowerPoint and Chinese Word Processing.
- Customer Focus
- Achievement Drive
- Planning and Organising
- Preference for Action
- Business Knowledge
- Communication and Influencing
- Information Gathering
Reports To Role
We offer attractive salaries and excellent benefits.
If you are interested in our opportunity, please send your job application to us. Before doing so, please make sure you read and agree with our Personal Information Collection Statement (link: https://www.hengansl.com.hk/en/careers/privacy-agreement).
Any personal data we collect will only be used for recruitment purposes. We keep all applications confidentially on file for six months.