Customer OnBoarding Assistant Manager - Broking Services
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- 08 Nov 17 2017-11-08
Some careers shine brighter than others
If you’re looking for a role that will help you stand out at HSBC, take a look at how you can fulfil your potential.
Within Retail Banking and Wealth Management, Broking Services provides full investment services in stocks, bonds, currencies, precious metals, commodities and derivatives to retail, corporate customers and financial intermediaries. As a leading full service broker dealer in Hong Kong, our investment services include advisory, execution, risk and portfolio management, custodianship, and margin financing.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Customer OnBoarding Assistant Manager.
In this role, you will
- Check and review the completeness of client account documentation for new account opening and periodic review for individual and corporate clients to ensure adherence to regulatory requirements and Bank policies
- Ensure Know Your Client profiles of clients are properly completed and updated
- Follow up with relevant parties on outstanding Know Your Client issues and documentation
- Conduct regulatory checking including Worldcheck
- Handle regulatory reporting and account information maintenance
- Conduct call back and face to face review with clients to validate customer information
- Handle management reporting for customer onboarding team
- Assist in process enhancement and automation projects to ensure effective client onboarding and data maintenance processes
- Assist in various regulatory projects such as Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act, Common Reporting Standards
- Assist in updating departmental procedures manual
- Provide guidance and coaching to junior team members
- Ad hoc tasks on requests
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements
- Undergraduate degree with major in Accounting, Finance or Investment fields
- Preferably with working experience in Retail Banking and Wealth Management or Brokerage business
- Strong knowledge of customer onboarding process, Know Your Customer and Customer Due Diligence
- Good command of English, Mandarin and Cantonese
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
For further details and application information please visit our career site, search under reference number 00009ZPY
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
Candidate with less relevant experience or skills may be offered a lower Global Career Band than stated above.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited