Customer Experience Response - Lead
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. The Role Responsibilities
- Support the technology roadmap for the core client facing journeys in RPBWM and CCIB aligned with the Business and T&I Strategy focused on a superior, always on customer experience.
- Drive innovation and transformation in Customer Experience Monitoring by identifying gaps, and leading the development of solutions to improve monitoring, and automation.
- Drive innovation in Incident Management and Response capabilities with a focus on improving customer experience by reducing the duration and impact of system failures.
- Drive initiatives to streamline communications around system failures to ensure relevant stakeholders are aware and have the relevant details needed to manage customers as well as manage the bank's response to system issues including on-demand status updates for ongoing incidents.
- Drive innovation and manage projects through to implementation to enhance team capability and improve efficiency in areas of impact analysis, priority setting, operational work flow automation, data analysis and reporting.
- Manage a small team working in shifts to ensure Customer Experience is monitored effectively for onboarded services, and that alerts are responded to promptly and effectively to minimize the impact and duration of technology failures.
- Build rapport with key country and group business and technology stakeholders to build trust and effective working relationships between teams.
- Develop a deep understanding of the business and client experience to facilitate incident triage, communication, and identification of work arounds and contingency arrangements.
- Ensure that effective communications are sent to key stakeholders across the organization including senior country and group business and technology stakeholders (as appropriate) to keep them informed about the impact and status of ongoing technology incidents within committed time frames.
- Oversee knowledge management processes to ensure that relevant incident data is recorded and preserved to facilitate trend analysis, KPI analysis, and reporting as well as identification of areas for improvement in terms of detection, mobilization, diagnosis, recovery, and prevention of incidents.
- Ensure that business impact details are collected in a timely manner and fed into the Problem Management and other relevant processes, and ensure outage and impact details are recorded accurately in source systems such as Remedy.
- Ensure mechanisms are in place and operating effectively to facilitate participation in forums to effectively feedback lessons learned from incidents and track and report on the status of those actions.
- Ensure effective participation in RCA (Root Cause Analysis) discussions to ensure lessons learned are recorded and documented in the Problem Management process.
- Facilitate reporting on incident trends and thematic analysis.
- Participate in the Incident Management Process in the role of Technology Service Manager - setting incident priority, ensuring business communications are sent in a timely manner, and providing business impact details as appropriate.
- Participate in the Problem Management process by providing business impact details, providing lessons learned, and reviewing and approving RCA reports (in conjunction with Technology Service Managers).
- Participate in Audits as and when required to provide details on areas within scope.
People and Talent
- Empower next level of leadership to ensure no resource risk.
- Work closely with the team to engage and develop their career aspirations
- Manage people and their development in line with the banks people management framework.
- Setup training programs to ensure that self and team are continuously deepening knowledge of the business, technology stacks, applications, and contingency arrangements across all RPBWM services.
- Work on a training schedule to cross-train teams across operating locations.
- Responsible to implement RPBWM cross-domain knowledge within the team.
- Ensure a multi-location strategy is in place to ensure continuity of CERT service in the event of holidays or unforeseen events in any location.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Act quickly and decisively when any risk and control weakness becomes apparent and ensure they are addressed within an appropriate timeframe and escalated through the relevant committees.
- Ensure a full understanding of the risk and control environment in area of responsibility.
- Contribute metrics regarding compliance to relevant processes to regular governance forums as appropriate.
- Bachelor degree with knowledge in Information technology.
- Solid IT experience.
- Hands on software engineering / development experience and / or support experience in areas of application support, network engineering or unix administration. Banking domain is desirable.
- Good knowledge on Monitoring tools such as ITRS, BMC, Splunk, ELK, AppDynamics etc.
- Good knowledge of Java, J2EE, Oracle, WaaS, MQ and Unix technologies and familiarity with key cloud concepts is a plus.
- Proven experience in co-ordination of many dependencies and multiple demanding stakeholders in a complex, large-scale international environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, ability to interact with business representatives and senior management.
- Familiar with Agile methodologies and tools such as Jira.
- Familiar with SRE (Site Reliability Engineering) concepts
- Knowledge of ITIL - good to Have.
- Basic understanding of network topologies and concepts such as LAN, WAN and Firewalls
- Experience with Remedy, knowledge management tools, and documentation is a plus.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.