My client is one of the top crypto exchange currency platform in the world. The IT team is looking for a passionate Data Engineering Lead Developer. KDB and ETL are highly preferable.
- Develops and maintains scalable data pipelines to support continuing increases in data volume and complexity.
- Collaborates with analytics and business teams to improve data models that feed business intelligence tools, increasing data accessibility and fostering data-driven decision making across the organization.
- Implements processes and systems to monitor data quality, ensuring production data is always accurate and available for key stakeholders and business processes that depend on it.
- Performs data analysis required to troubleshoot data related issues and assist in the resolution of data issues.
- Works closely with all business units and engineering teams to develop strategy for long term data platform architecture.
Required Skills & Competencies
- Degree holder of a Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative discipline.
- Familiar with OOP programming languages such as Java or Python.
- 2+ years experience managing KDB systems.
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: Azkaban, Luigi, Airflow, etc.
- Following TDD/BDD methodologies and clean coding practices.
- Experience working in a Linux environment.
- Comfortable working with developer tools such as GIT, Jira and Confluence.
- Familiar with automated build, test and deployment pipelines (e.g. GitLab or Jenkins).
- Strong problem-solving skills and a confident communicator.
- Ability to work independently and comfortably to tight schedules.