Credit Rating Analyst collaborates closely with corporate relationship managers and product teams to deliver sound financial solutions to our corporate clients. The department has personnel located in Hong Kong and Singapore and is responsible for conducting financial strategy analysis and capital markets origination support across Asia-Pacific ex-Japan including DCM and M&A financings.
1) Financial strategy analysis support
I. Credit rating advisory, including 1) recommendation on how to improve financial position or credit rating, 2) introduction of products and financing structures, 3) analysis on impact of client’s financial position;
II. Financial strategy advisory on optimal capital structure, enhancement of enterprise value, capital policy, group management strategy, etc.
2) Capital markets product origination support
I. DCM/ECM origination support (selection of target, lecture to RMs about product character, not engaged in sales of the product, pricing, execution).
II. Credit rating advisory & credit positioning advice in DCM transactions
- Support senior members of the team to make comprehensive and thorough analysis of target client / existing Asian clients – i.e. rating simulations for potential DCM solutions and/or for Basel 3 purposes, debt headroom capacity analysis and other financial advisory strategies;
- Support senior members of the team to prepare marketing materials, including power point presentations, financial modeling, and company and/or industry research and analysis;
- Support the department’s efforts to boost the banks’ revenues by generating solution ideas to core clients and / or assist in expanding the bank’s clientele base by supporting origination efforts of target clients;
- Support product teams when executing a mandated deal and / or when pitching for an RFP for a potential deal.
The person performs the support role and he/she is responsible for providing support to senior members of the team, since there is expecting an increase in request from corporate banking teams in HK, China, Taiwan and Korea for rating advisory services over the coming years.
Work experience, education and skills
- Bachelor’s degree holder in Business, Finance or related disciplines, preferably with MBA qualification;
- Minimum 3 to 5 years' experience in credit rating agencies, credit departments of banks, corporate finance departments of established accounting firms or fixed income asset management;
- Strong analytical and financial modeling skills, and well-versed with credit rating agency methodologies;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, and ability to manage the internal and external stakeholders;
- Ability to organise work well and multi-task between different projects;
- Good command of written and spoken English, Mandarin and Cantonese.