Credit Analyst, Public Finance Analysis (8581)
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Fitch Ratings
- 20 Oct 18
Credit Analyst, Public Finance Analysis (8581)
Dual-headquartered in New York and London, Fitch Ratings is a leading provider of credit ratings, commentary and research. Dedicated to providing value beyond the rating through independent and prospective credit opinions, Fitch Ratings offers global perspectives shaped by strong local market experience and credit market expertise. The additional context, perspective and insights we provide help investors to make important credit judgments with confidence.
Fitch Solutions delivers credit market data, analytical tools and risk services to the global financial community. In addition to offering proprietary market based content, Fitch Solutions distributes the ratings, research and financial data of Fitch Ratings through a variety of flexible platforms. With innovation and experience behind every solution, Fitch Solutions helps financial professionals meet the diverse and evolving needs of today's global markets.
Fitch Ratings and Fitch Solutions, along with Fitch Learning and BMI Research, are part of the Fitch Group, a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Fitch Group is majority-owned by Hearst .
Fitch complies with all laws governing employment in each jurisdiction in which it operates, and provides equal opportunity to all applicants and employees. All applications will be considered without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, and other status protected by applicable laws.
Fitch Ratings' International Public Finance (IPF) group provides public and private ratings of public sector entities, subnationals, and their debt instruments in the Asia Pacific (APAC) region, particularly in South Korea, China, India, Indonesia, Australia and New Zealand.
The department is split into two main sectors: Local and Regional Governments and Public Sector Entities.
Job Description - Director, International Public Finance
The successful candidate will have strong current experience of economic and financial analysis, ideally in Public Finance. The role will primarily concentrate on public entities, with a focus on China, however there will also be the opportunity to be involved in other APAC countries.
• Data analysis related to the public sector entities, local governments sector and individual issuers
• Monitoring a portfolio of issuer ratings, including the preparation of rating committee documentation and discussing credit analyses in rating committees.
• Writing and publishing of comprehensive rating reports on individual issuers and participate in management meetings with the rated entities
• Participation in credit rating committees for local governments and public entities in both your allocated region and other countries.
• Regular interaction with external contacts, investors and bankers and liaison with issuers' senior management.
• Publication of sector-specific research and insightful commentary.
• Responding to external queries from investors, bankers and other fixed income market participants and the media together with more senior analysts
• Plus other duties as required
It is important that the candidate should be able to work independently in an international environment while also being a good team player, being able to cope with time pressure and deadlines, and being happy to travel for short periods.
This role requires extensive travel mainly to China however potentially Indonesia and India in the future.
The ideal candidate will have relevant experiences to assume the credit analyst role focusing on IPF issuers, and the following:
- Degree educated, ideally within Finance or Public Sector / Economics
- Minimum of eight to 10 years of professional experience in credit analysis, preference to those candidates with local or regional government exposure
- Good accounting and financial modelling skills
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Excellent communicator - both verbally and in writing
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work well independently in an international environment as well as in a team, is essential
- Fluency in Mandarin and English, both verbal and written, is essential
- CPA/CFA qualifications are beneficial but not essential
To apply, please submit a short cover letter stating your suitability for the role plus details of any valid visa that you hold and your up-to-date CV. Please also enter your current and desired gross annual salary and notice period in the applicable spaces but do not include them in your CV. We regret we are only able to respond to successful applicants.