Credit Analyst, Medium Enterprise
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. The Role Responsibilities Business
- To co-work with frontline sales staff including Sales Team Heads and Relationship Managers (RMs) in providing proactive account management in respect of the designated portfolio (both for existing and brand new customers) with the primary objectives of maximising profits and returns (EP) whilst minimising bad debts (EL management).
- To support the entire CA Team in preparation of different kinds of credit applications and reports.
- To assist in preparation of BCA for both existing customers and NTB cases together with various necessary controlling and follow-up reports including but not limited to Early Alert reports.
- To deliver quality credit assessment with well justification and thorough analysis to relevant credit units for ensuring prompt and efficient approval process.
- To maintain proactive, regular and timely control and monitoring on the credit quality of the customer portfolio according to the policies and guidelines of the bank.
- To liaise with different units of the bank including but not limited to credit, risk control, etc. and ensure a timely and proper response is delivered.
- To keep proper control in submission deadline in all kinds of applications and reporting.
- To follow up closely with RMs on submission of financial statements for timely preparation of credit analysis.
- To attend customer visits with RMs and attend factory/site visit (if any) for better understanding of the business development of customers.
- To assist in preparing all necessary and different types of both internal controlling and external regulatory reports.
- To complete all assigned e-learning programmes on time together with other necessary training sessions and knowledge advancement for self-improvement.
- To proactively recommend constructive suggestions for the improvement of the overall department.
- To assist line management in order to align the business/function in country operational risk management approach to the Risk Management Framework and oversee its effective application.
- To monitor all different risk factors including but not limited to credit, operational, reputation and compliance risks are respectively met with the required standards and benchmarks.
- To always stay alert about the latest market situation and development that may impact the business/credit standing of the customer portfolio.
- To extend proper account management, ensure prompt reporting and take appropriate actions to properly revolve any irregularity.
- Any other role needs to be performed as per agreed in the Role & Responsibilities document.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- To assist line manager to align with the business/function in country operational risk management approach to the Risk Management Framework and oversee its effective application.
- To support line manager in review of risk related factors.
- To support any risk governance activity if necessary.
- To maintain and ensure effective application of the Group's Policy Governance Standards.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the assigned business / functions to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Operation of Financial Markets; Financial Crime Prevention; The Right Environment.]*
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Colleagues in BB, Product, Risk, Compliance and other supporting Functions and Businesses
- Existing Customers - To evaluate and monitor customers' creditability and secure market information.
- Prospective New Customers - To assist RMs in credit assessment of NTB cases.
- Professionals - To liaise with valuation firms, credit agencies, etc.
Our Ideal Candidate
- To embed Here for good and the Group's brand and values.
- To perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
- To work effectively across SCB, using values behaviours to drive overall business growth.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting or other business-related fields.
- Prior working experience in banks, preferably credit and marketing related areas.
- Strong analytical, reasoning and presentational skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated and able to work and excel in a team environment.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English and Chinese including Putonghua.
- Proficiency in MS Office and other general skills of computer application.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.