- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Hong Kong
- 30 Nov 17
Country Technology Manager
- Location: Hong Kong
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Please view Job Description for details.Standard Chartered is a leading international banking group committed to building a successful and sustainable future for our people, our customers and the communities we serve. With 1,700 branches and offices in 68 markets in Asia, Africa and the Middle East, we offer exciting and challenging international career opportunities to over 89,000 employees.
As a senior technology service manager, you'll be the One Technology face and voice to HK businesses - both in the eyes of business management and the technology community. Based in Hong Kong, you will be working with many dynamic global teams of technologists, business analysts, project managers and business stakeholders across multiple locations. As a business partner, you'll take primary ownership in country business engagement and communication to influence and drive future technology agenda for country in alignment with Group Technology strategy.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
In representing Hong Kong Country Technology to Group IT, the post shall be seen both as a customer and as a close working partner. Responsibilities include:
- Service Improvements: Reviewing progress of Group IT service improvement initiatives for the country, escalating and contributing ideas as appropriate;
- Risk: Ensuring that Group IT teams respond to all forms of end-to-end Banking Product technology risk needs, including all audit, local regulatory, compliance, DR, BCP technology component, obsolescence, virus susceptibility and security needs. Escalate material technology risks to System Development Heads and senior system development managers for attention as appropriate.
- Change Management: Ensuring that the Technology change management process caters for banking change needs, and that any complementary in-country approval processes are confirmed with Technology Service team (TS).
- Projects: For key authorized Regulatory and Compliance technology investments (projects):
- Ensure they are receiving adequate attention from Change Management (CM), System Development teams (SD) & Technology Service (TS) teams and ensure Group IT are aware of key business schedule expectations;
- Ensure CM works with SD and PMO with any up-front project initiation work, understanding high-level business requirements and filtering of demand as necessary, and user country business networking to help address issues;
- Where necessary, assist CM to ensure that business requirements are represented in Group initiatives, that country priorities and requirements are represented in Group Technology investment decisions and that budget/cost allocation methodologies fairly reflect country views.
- Engage all levels of Group IT matrix for issue escalation processes whenever required;
- Strategy: Communication of country business strategy and direction and regulatory requirements to SD & TS teams and influencing CM, SD &TS to ensure that approved business plans have matching technology investment plans available for business investment committee evaluation.
- Roadmaps: Influence CM, SD & TS to evolve country/region technology roadmaps for business and infrastructure needs, aiming to minimize country-specific development. The roadmaps will be reviewed with the country businesses on a regular basis to ensure alignment with changing business and market needs.
- Satisfaction: Gauging business satisfaction with overall Group IT service on a regular basis. Feedback to be channelled into CTM for improvement planning. Also ensuring business awareness of Group IT plans accordingly.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Service management skills and techniques
- Technical literacy and knowledge
- Sound business knowledge on banking products, regulatory and compliance.
- Solid people management in managing teams of managerial and operational staff
- Knowledge of change management tools and processes, inclusive of the ability to effectively use these in the context of a complex programme
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
The closing date for applications is 31 Dec 17. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Standard Chartered is an equal opportunity employer. We have a meritocratic culture where each individual employee is valued and respected for who they are as a person and for what they bring to the organisation.