- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Hong Kong
- 29 Dec 17
Country Category Manager, Supply Chain Managment
- Location: Hong Kong
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
The Country Category Manager SCM, is responsible for providing the strategic and operational leadership for the Non Technology categories sourcing in Hong KongThe successful applicant will
The Country Category Manager SCM, is responsible for providing the strategic and operational leadership for the Non Technology categories sourcing in Hong Kong, with the purpose of:
· Supporting the Country Head in driving the execution and delivery of SCM objectives, strategies and supply chain cost reduction targets for Hong Kong.
· Lead the in country Stakeholder Engagement, supporting Country Head in representing SCM to all country management stakeholders.
· Drive function's transformation from transactional / tactical supply chain management to strategic and lead demand management
· Assist in assuring that the Procurement Policy, TPRM and other SCM policies are adhered to within all business units in the country.
· Support Country Head in implementing the overall supplier risk mitigation programs and any other supplier risk management initiatives in Hong Kong.
· Contributes to the overall achievement of functional objectives as a member of the SCM team.
· Supporting the Country Head in Third Party Risk Management / Governance and programmes.
· Define and implement supply chain strategies and demand management programmes for agreed categories in country, whilst ensuring appropriate alignment to global and regional strategie.
· Understand and execute on the country's business requirements within consistent global standards.
· Supporting Country Head in executing priorities in country which includes implementation of sourcing strategies and an operating model that optimizes management of SCB's end-to-end supply chain, reducing costs and managing risks.
· Contributes to the strategy and overall achievement of functional objectives as a member of the Country SCM team.
· Support development of Hub Shared Services strategy and support broader transformation of the supply chain service delivery.
· Direct accountability for achieving country sourcing targets for applicable categories.
· Identify and drive demand management programmes.
· Provide support for global and regional initiatives which impact the country as necessary.
· Establish and maintain effective relationships with country stakeholders in the sub categories under management, demonstrating value to business partners through collective collaboration on efficiency, supplier risk and compliance matters.
· In conjunction with SCM Operations, deliver simplication, optimisation and standardization of sourcing related processes in the country that increases efficiency, improves risk and control and ensure that sourcing processes are delivered in a transparent manner that incorporates anti bribery and corruption measures.
· Ensure that SCM category strategies incorporate the needs of business and functional stakeholders within the country.
· Enforce the usage of SCM related tools that increases efficiency, contestability, compliance and spend control.
· Work collaboratively with SCM Source to Pay operations to ensure effective and efficient service delivery for the country.
· Create an environment which promotes the right behaviours amongst team members focusing on shared responsibilities and accountability as a team. Encourage team sharing in the areas of category management and sourcing best practices within and outside the country.
· Accountable to ensure that all initiatives undertaken are executed in accordance with SCB's various risk management policies and guidelines.
· Support and execute necessary actions and deliverables to meet existing and new regulatory requirements that relate to the bank's supplier base.
· Support SCM country risk reviews and implement corrective actions as required.
· Support Country Head / Lead as applicable - in managing control reviews, internal audits, audit issue tracking and closure Take a leadership role in the country for the effective governance and controls for Supplier risk management across the bank, manage the vendor and contract management framework in the country.
· Supporting the Country Head to ensure that Procurement, Vendor Management and Outsourcing related Policies and Processes are fully implemented with the incorporation of any Country regulatory requirements, and the management of dispensations or country addendums.
· Provide an oversight over the repository of contracts on SCM Contract Management Tool and the Outsourcing Inventory for Country and ensure information is up to date.
· Supporting Country Head and Group Governance team on periodic reviews of the contracts arrangements to ensure they comply with the policies. Escalate and report material developments in the arrangement.
Knowledge & Skills
· Experience in sourcing, operations and supply chain best practices in a leadership position
· Strategic context with ability to work collaboratively within the Team and the Bank in formulating strategies involving sourcing and suppliers to deliver business value
· Good understanding of Categories under control
· Strong team leadership & development skills to lead a motivated team - with an ability to operate in complex multi-organisation, multi-country and multi-cultural environments
· Senior executive stakeholder management capability that provides strong collaboration with business and functional leaders
· Strong communication skills, understands company culture and how best to communicate the value of SCM