Corporate Treasury - Treasury Capital Markets, Senior Manager /Vice President (Hong Kong)
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 21 Sep 18 2018-09-21
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 747 offices in 42 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic.
Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Corporate Treasury provides corporate finance advisory services to senior management and the business units, oversees the firm's funding & liquidity risk positioning, and optimizes its capital base. Within Corporate Treasury, Treasury Capital Markets manages the firm's liquidity reserve and debt funding portfolio including risk managing the foreign exchange and interest rate exposures, and accessing multi-currency financing.
Treasury Capital Markets Asia is seeking a professional based in Hong Kong with experience in funding execution, risk management, and/or structured notes. The Asia region consists of a hub in HK and regional offices in Tokyo, Beijing, Shanghai, Seoul, Singapore, and Mumbai.
- Day-to-day funding execution to maintain desired liquidity/ccy mix using MM/ FX instruments
- Oversee funding workflow associated with structured note issuance by business units
- Advise business units on optimal funding structures and associated costs
- Analyze funding and liquidity impact resulting from business plans and activities
- Identify liquidity and funding risks, and recommend & implement mitigating actions
- Partnering with infrastructure teams including finance, operations, tax, risk mgmt on funding execution
- Coordinate with cross-regional counterparts to drive new initiatives/projects
- Produce management reports and presentation (analysis of data and business trend)
- Participate in global and regional projects and other ad-hoc projects
- Bachelor's Degree in finance, or accounting necessary; a master's degree / MBA / CFA a strong plus
- 6+ years of experience, preferably from global securities firm or large bank
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal influencing and client-servicing skills
- Strong analytic capabilities, including ability to summarize complex business problems and detailed analysis with clarity and brevity
- Proven track record of teamwork and ability to work in a fast-paced, high-energy, dynamic environment, across organizational and geographical boundaries
- Excellent communication skills in English, additional Asian languages a strong plus
- Excellent Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills