Corporate Relationship Manager (Hong Kong Coverage) - Corporate and Investment Banking Hong Kong
Main Responsibilities / Accountabilities / Tasks
Profile Required Academic Background (degree & major)
- To bring support on PSM preparation and RAROC computations to Coverage Support Unit.
- To work with Compliance and Operations to ensure all KYC is done properly and escalation timely for management approval on all exceptions
- To identify cross-selling opportunities on all prospects and existing clients on CIB products and assist the respective CIB product sales to win the mandate from relationship perspective.
- To work closely with BL present in HK (IFD, GTB Trade and Cash, SAF, DCM, etc.)
- To deepen the relationship with a portfolio of existing Chinese clients with an aim to increasing commercial banking penetration with strong focus on trade finance, cash management products, x-border structures and FX
- Regularly communicate with Global relationship managers to update on local developments/opportunities and keep abreast of any change in global account strategy
- To guide the CA closely to ensure credit proposals are structured and priced properly to protect the bank's interest with acceptable return and in line with the global account strategy set out by the Global Relationship Managers
- To work and supervise CAs to complete credit proposals and reviews within reasonable turnaround time. Proper follow up with Risk is also needed in respect of addressing all further enquiries and additional input as needed.
- To plan visits to facility clients at acceptable frequencies to update business development of the clients as required by the management and the Risk as well as to identify and react to early warning signals on deterioration of counterparty risk and operational risks.
- Other ad hoc tasks / relevant responsibilities as assigned by the management
Working Experience /Technical Skills & Know how
- Bachelor degree (finance or business discipline and Master Degree can be a plus)
Skills & Competencies
- At least 7 years of commercial banking experience with no less than 5 years experience as a relationship manager for local corporates, preferably with a major international bank
- Solid accounting, financial and credit analysis skills
- Sound knowledge on different bank products, particularly commercial banking/transaction banking products
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with ability to build up rapport quickly with clients
- Good presentation and negotiation skills
- Team playing
- Fluency in English and Chinese required.
Professional Qualification (if applicable)
- Well versed in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint is a must)
Others if any (require to travel, etc)
- CFA or ACCA qualification is a plus
- Frequent business travels are required
Societe Generale is one of the leading financial services groups in Europe. Present in over 50 countries across Europe, the Americas and Asia. Societe Generale provides corporate, financial institutions, investors and public sector clients with value-added integrated financial solutions. Job Summary
To ensure a Coverage of Hong Kong based companies (Public or Private and Multinationals). To improve our understanding of the financials and strategy of the HK based clients and to identify new business opportunities with them.
We are an equal opportunities employer
and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents
, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
Job code: 19000Q8X
Business unit: Societe Generale Hong Kong Branch
Starting date: Immediate
Date of publication: 12/02/2020