Corporate Communications Manager, Asia-Pacific
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- State Street
- 22 Feb 18 2018-02-22
State Street Key responsibilities * Develop and implement employee communications plans in Asia Pacific, collaborating with the global Internal Communications team. * Responsible for writing communications materials including articles, blogs, emails, briefing documents and presentations as required. * Drive executive communications for senior executives in
- Develop and implement employee communications plans in Asia Pacific, collaborating with the global Internal Communications team.
- Responsible for writing communications materials including articles, blogs, emails, briefing documents and presentations as required.
- Drive executive communications for senior executives in the Asia Pacific region, including developing their written and audio/visual communications
- Work in partnership with the APAC events team to manage employee events including Town Halls, executive breakfasts and employee briefings etc. Develop messaging and prepare talking points for senior leaders at these events.
- Develop tailored distribution list for email communications to specific business units.
- Draft and post content to the social intranet (Collaborate). Work with colleagues in China to oversee posting of content to the China intranet. Develop and circulate daily digest of Collaborate news stories to Asia Pacific employees.
- Track and measure the effectiveness of APAC internal communications programs.
- Develop a good understanding of the company’s products and services. Build and maintain strong relationships with peers and company leaders.
- Support the public relations program such as staffing media interviews, preparing press releases, briefing documents, etc.
- Ability to develop and implement effective communications plans
- Strong English language writing and editing skills. Fluency in English (written and verbal) is essential.
- Chinese language (Cantonese and/or Mandarin) skills are preferred but not essential.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interface with colleagues from all disciplines, backgrounds and cultures to produce content that is interesting and relevant.
- Understanding of the distinctions and benefits of different communications channels—print, online, e-mail, “town hall” meetings, face-to-face meetings, etc.—and ability to clearly articulate specific recommendations to leadership and internal clients.
- Must be a highly motivated and energetic self-starter who is able to work well in a fast-paced work environment—both independently and as a dedicated team member.
- Ability to work across geographies and timezones, including willingness to participate in occasional out-of-hours phone calls with international colleagues.
- A strong interest in learning about State Street and the information needs of its employees. Over time, must gain a solid understanding of the company’s strategic objectives worldwide, culture, leadership, businesses, community outreach and regional endeavors.
Education and Experience
- College degree, ideally in a communications-related discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years direct experience in a corporate communications, employee communications/public relations or marketing role.