Core System Analyst (Trading Support Team)
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are transitioning to a hybrid work environment where both remote work and the office play a critical role. Our vision is a future where all employees are empowered to work flexibly to drive the best outcomes for our clients. Flexible work is a mindset and a core value. Our employees are encouraged to work remotely two days a week as a standard practice and will have flexibility in terms of working hours.
At Wellington Management our appetite for technology is insatiable. We recognize that the world is full of fascinating questions that will impact the future of companies, economies, financial markets, and entire industries. We want you to help us find answers to these questions by building and evolving our innovative, industry leading, technology platform. We are seeking qualified candidates to join our evolving and expanding technology team. Together, you will not only dream up solutions to today's investment challenges, but you will build them to see real-life results. Technology needs are advancing, and this level of complexity requires a highly sophisticated well-managed technology platform that is built by people like you. This is your chance to build something incredible. We are focused solely on creating the best-in-breed tools used by our investors to conduct research and build portfolios. We build a seamless and cohesive platform across all asset classes. We want you to think big, to solve challenges, and positively impact our clients.
We are currently seeking a strong Core Systems Analyst
to join the Trading Support Team
and to play a key role, deliver solutions to our business partners, solve complex problems, and strive to advance and sustain a world-class platform. This role will provide global technical and functional support to our Hong Kong Fixed Income, FX, and Equity trading desks. This position requires strong analytical skills, with a high attention to detail, and a desire to analyze and solve complex problems. This individual must be a self-starter with the ability to multi-task and work on a variety of assignments with people across the organization. Excellent organization, communication, and delivery skills are required. This individual must be a team player with a desire and willingness to learn. This position requires some early, late and weekend shift coverage. The Trading Support Team
provides support for all aspects of trading, including trader workspaces/infrastructure, automated tools, post-trade confirmation and allocation processes. Our proprietary Order Management Systems (OMS) allow Traders to electronically receive, place, execute, allocate and confirm orders via multiple 3rd party execution platforms and dealers.
• Oversight for all aspects of the trader desktop & infrastructure environments, including hardware/software installations, changes, and configurations
• Level 1 (and some level 2) support of proprietary and 3rd party applications running on Wellington trading desks
• Interact directly with Traders and Trade Coordinators, and other business partners, at all levels of the organization on trade-related issues to resolution and capture enhancement requests
• Develop a strong partnership with the delivery team to ensure on time, scalable, and high-quality business solutions
• Provide input into system design to help the programming teams define effort and implementation schedules
• Ensure quality of product by enforcing high standards in testing and building audit/validation controls
• Act as an escalation point person for support issues that require detailed analysis and management
• Provide regular status reporting and issue tracking
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Fluency in Mandarin and Cantonese is a plus
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with high attention to detail
• Strong client relationship skills and proven ability to build consensus
• Broad knowledge of technology and end-to-end trading flows with familiarity with pre-/post-trade compliance, confirmation, and settlement flows.
• Experience writing requirements, functional specifications, use cases, and test plans
• Change agent, creative, innovative, and focused on continuous improvements
• Hands-on knowledge of SQL, or another relational database technology
• Knowledge of execution platforms such as Bloomberg, TradeWeb, MarketAxess, and futures execution platforms such as FlexTrade is desired
• Exposure to algorithmic and strategy trading, OASYS, and Omgeo CTM is desired
• Willingness to work independently in an energetic, fast-paced, business-critical and team oriented-environment
• A strong team player, with ability to work in collaboration across teams
• Intellectual curiosity and interest to learn independently and from peers
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business, Economics, Finance, or a related subject
• 3, or more, years of frontline technical support in Financial Services is preferred
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? That's ok. If you believe that you could excel in this role, we encourage you to apply and welcome a chance to review your background. We are dedicated to building and maintaining a diversified workforce and considering a broad array of candidates with a variety of skill, workplace experiences, and backgrounds.
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .