Eclipse Trading is one of Asia's leading proprietary derivatives trading firms, specialising in options market making. Technology is at the core of our business, and our trading expertise and strategies are deployed across several Asian markets. Founded in 2007, we have approximately 100 staff across our three office locations – Hong Kong (our HQ), Sydney and Shanghai.
Core C++ Developer
The Core team is responsible for the firm’s core exchange facing applications for market data distribution, order gateways, reference data and trade reconciliation, as well as connectivity to third party market data providers and execution platforms.
We are looking for a gifted C++ developer to join the Core team and support the broader trading system replacement project at Eclipse. The Core Team is part of the broader Low Latency team, which is also responsible for the firm’s automated trading and low latency exchange links, and future mobility opportunities are available for deserving candidates.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Design, develop and maintain efficient and reliable C++ code for core exchange facing applications
- Test code thoroughly, including automated testing, and actively participate in code reviews
- Identify bugs and bottlenecks, suggest and implement improvements
- Provide tier 3 support
What you offer
- 3-4 years’ experience of low latency C++ development on Linux (C++ 11 or later)
- Solid understanding of multithreading, network socket programming, and/or low-latency programming techniques
- Strong technical design skills
- Experience in finance domain is a plus
- Experience with exchange connectivity is a plus
- Experience with Kafka is a plus
- Excellent communication in spoken and written English
- University degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
What we offer
- Attractive benefits package with discretionary bonus
- Work/Life balance in a multi-cultural environment
- A flat management structure, where everyone's voice is valued
- A collaborative work environment with motivated, intelligent and respectful colleagues
- Opportunity to learn and get trained in low latency trading technology
All information provided will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purposes.
Due to the high number of responses that we receive, we are only able to respond to successful applicants.