Core Business Services – Finance – Finance System and Data Analyst
- To be discussed
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Ernst & Young Hong Kong
- 05 Oct 18
Join our Core Business Services (CBS) team and you will help support the important business enablement functions that keep our organization running strong. As a CBS professional, you will work across teams to provide the knowledge, resources and tools that help EY deliver exceptional quality
Join our Core Business Services (CBS) team and you will help support the important business enablement functions that keep our organization running strong. As a CBS professional, you will work across teams to provide the knowledge, resources and tools that help EY deliver exceptional quality service to our clients, win in the marketplace and support EY’s growth and profitability. Major teams within CBS include Finance, Information Technology, Human Resources, Enterprise Support Services, Brand Marketing and Communications, Business Development, Knowledge and Risk Management.
Join our Finance team and you will help enable EY client account teams and management to run the business effectively. You’ll help to improve engagement profitability, manage enterprise wide risk and support market development activities. You will support EY planning, reporting and forecasting and analysis, or help EY people manage day-to-day activities, such as managing engagements, process and auditing time and expense or invoice processing. You’ll also work with other parts of our organization, sharing your financial experience and insights to achieve specific goals. You’ll get all the support you need to stay on top of regulations — and the advice and help you‘ll need to meet your own professional goals.
With so many offerings, you have the opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
The successful candidate’s main responsibility is understanding and documenting the system requirements of the Asia-Pacific Finance function, and translating those needs into technical approaches. Specifically, qualified candidates should possess experience, knowledge and skills that allow them to execute on the following responsibilities:
- Analysis, modeling, development and documentation of Finance operation automation. This includes but is not limited to the following:
- Indirect cost distribution through recharges and allocations across all Regions in Asia-Pacific
- Cross-border allocation of non-Executive Layer Area level operating costs for FSO, PAS and Service Line CoE
- Area Service Company’s inter-invoice reconciliation and other Area level controlling activities
- Continuous process improvement and re-engineering
- Update and improve infrastructure for annual financial planning
- Assistance with the conduct of iterative Functional, System and User Acceptance Testing for deployment of global tools including new enterprise system Mercury
- Enhancement of Finance’s data analytics capability by introducing new tools and coaching the adoption and usage.
To qualify for this challenging and rewarding opportunity, candidates must have:
- Computer science, business administration or other relevant degree
- Minimum 3-5 years’ progressive experience in business analysis activities, documentation, system implementation and support
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server and VBA programming and using Hyperion Essbase and Microsoft Power BI suite.
- Written and spoken competency in English is required. Written and spoken competency in Mandarin and/or Cantonese would be considered an asset
- Self-motivation with experience working in a highly matrixed, virtual organization;
- Familiarity with development methodologies
- Demonstrated analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Strong communicative skills, both written and verbal
- Strong interpersonal and teambuilding skills
- Initiative, planning and organizing skills
- Able to work in mission critical, fast-paced environments