Job Reference # 194011BR
Are you well versed in outsourcing, procurement contracts and general commercial law? Can you deliver practical legal advice and partner with business to negotiate complex, high value contracts?
We're looking for a Contracts and Commercial Lawyer to:
• support our procurement partner and business colleagues to negotiate and document complex, high value contracts such as BPO, fintech-related contracts, and office leases
• work closely with other members of Contracting & Technology Legal team in APAC to deliver holistic and practical advice to our business partners
• provide training to help our partners understand and manage legal risks
• collaborate with wider global CTL team embedded in UBS' Legal Corporate Center Services department in supporting cross regional initiatives and projects. Your team
You'll be part of a regional team with members based in Hong Kong, Pune, Shanghai, Singapore and Sydney. We're one of only 3 cross divisional teams in Legal function. We support and advise our Corporate Center colleagues (such as Group Technology and Group Sourcing) as well as the 3 business divisions (Global Wealth Management, Investment Bank and Asset Management). And they operate in 13 locations throughout Asia Pacific.
Our work covers:
– Fintech / Technology
– Outsourcing & Offshoring
– Corporate Real Estate. Your expertise
• proven experience in one or more of our coverage areas
• excellent drafting and negotiating skills, combined with a good sense of judgment
• ability to work collaboratively with others, and also independently (and yet know when to escalate)
• ability to learn quickly, continually develop, and apply knowledge to achieve commercial outcomes
• at least 4 years PQE trained at an international law firm or working in-house in a global organization.
• a strong communicator, comfortable interacting with colleagues at all levels and from all different functions (and we'd highly value your fluent Mandarin language skills)
• qualified in Hong Kong or one of major common law jurisdictions such as Australia or Singapore
• meticulous with good analytical and project management skills
• result-oriented and assertive (you don't shy away from challenging situations)
• comfortable working in a dynamic and complex environment. About us
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us? Join us
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now. Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.