Contractor, Fund Operations Specialist
Who we're looking for
We're looking for a Fund Operation Specialist who is open to take on a contract until end of December 2022, with the Fund Operations team. You'll be busy working with various teams and be the liaison point in the region for group policy and project, as well as with other business areas to identify the business requirements or issues in order to provide effective support. The team
Operations is the foundation which enables Schroders to carry out its business effectively for our clients. Our business area consists of a number of Operations functions and hubs working globally across the entire client journey. We support processes from onboarding, transaction processing, asset servicing, reconciliation and reporting to our clients. We are consistently working to achieve Schroders' core values of excellence, innovation, teamwork, passion and integrity in everything we do.
The Fund Operations focuses on five key areas and has teams located in London, Horsham, Hong Kong, Singapore and New York. The 5 key areas includes Fund Accounting Oversight, Transfer Agency Oversight, Private Assets & Real Estate Fund Accounting, Statutory Reporting and BAU Operational Change. What you'll do
Assist management in the implementation of policies/procedures
- Co-ordinate with internal and external parties for projects & changes.
- Review and ensure internal controls to be robust and align with regulatory guidelines and compliance policies/procedures are being adhered to the function.
- Report any irregularity to the line manager in timely manner
- Manage the below duties:
- Support Global Swing Pricing
- Support TA Cashflow Notification
- Support Asian countries on UT dealing, registration and settlement matters o Inward mailing screening
- System testing and project co-ordination
- Participate PI Planning & sprints meeting
- Handle enquires from internal and external parties
- Ad hoc assignments
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
- Degree graduate in Accounting, Finance or any other related discipline.
- At least 3-5 years of working experience in Fund Accounting and/or Transfer Agency
- Strong Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint skills
- Strong communication skills in English and Mandarin
What you'll be like
- A passion to drive operational effectiveness
- Someone that is curious and loves process improvement.
- Strong administrative, organizational and analytical skills.
- Attentive to details
- Great at working with other people, sharing and communicating decision
- Ability to start with short notice