Contractor, Compliance Specialist
The team is looking to hire a 6 months contractor to join our Compliance function who are responsible for managing Schroders' relationship with financial regulators, providing advisory support to colleagues on complex regulatory requirements, monitoring compliance and helping Schroders to manage its regulatory and reputational risks.
The team is principally concerned with the regulatory requirements and expectations of the overseeing policy and practice to address regulatory requirements set by the Securities and Futures Commission and UK regulations where Schroders is lead regulated. The team also supports Schroders' business in Hong Kong and in mainland China. The team works collaboratively with staff in all areas of the business, including Fund Managers, Analysts, Distribution, Marketing, Operations, Legal, Finance, HR and Risk in addressing regulatory issues What you'll do
You'll help the team with the following:
- Analyse the impact on Schroders of a new regulation
- Advise business units on the implication of new regulations and tracking the business units' implementation of processes that can meet the regulations; preparing training courses
- Perform risk-based compliance monitoring tests, thematic reviews and trade surveillance
- Manage notifications, reports or required replies to regulators
- Review maketing material; visiting and helping to review outsourced service providers
- Handling of substantial shareholding disclosure
- Assessing compliance with regulatory investment restrictions, advising business units to mitigate the firm's financial crime risk and performing monitoring on financial crime related issues.
This role is part of Schroders' Compliance, Legal and Governance (CLG) community, which has 150+ professional staff and provides support for 27+ locations worldwide including Hong Kong, mainland China, Singapore, Taiwan, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Australia in Asia Pacific. The individual will work very closely with the Compliance, Legal and Risk teams in Hong Kong. Essential skills/requirements
- Willing to take on a 6 months contract
- At least 6 years' work experience with asset managers in the areas of Compliance, Operational Risk or Audit, or with the regulators.
- Strong knowledge of the SFC Code of Conduct, Fund Manager Code of Conduct and Code on Unit Trusts and Mutual Funds.
- Experience in handling matters ranging from distribution/marketing compliance, regulatory advisory and investment compliance.
- Strong interpersonal skill with the ability to establish and maintain effective business relationships with key stakeholders
- Good organisational and project management skills to manage different tasks with competing deadlines
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Able to work well independently and within a team
- Proficiency in written and verbal Chinese is required as this role will need to be able to read chinese documents and speak to china stakeholders