Contract Financial Accounting Consultant (1-year)
- Hong Kong
- Contract, Full time
- Wells Fargo Bank
- 20 Feb 19
Mainly provide support to meet the increasing demands required to effectively grow and deliver Regulatory Reporting for Wells Fargo APAC related branches/entities.
About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 8,500 locations, 13,000 ATMs, the internet (wellsfargo.com) and mobile banking, and has offices in 42 countries and territories to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. With approximately 273,000 team members, Wells Fargo serves one in three households in the United States. Wells Fargo & Company was ranked No. 25 on Fortune’s 2017 rankings of America’s largest corporations. Wells Fargo’s vision is to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. News, insights and perspectives from Wells Fargo are also available at Wells Fargo Stories.
- Provide support to meet the increasing demands required to effectively grow and deliver Regulatory Reporting for APAC related branches/entities.
- Provide advice and guidance to the business and the Finance teams (in Region and at the US Head Office level) in relation to regulatory reporting.
- Maintain and proactively contribute to the development of the Regulatory Reporting infrastructure necessary to support and control business growth to ensure ongoing compliance
- Develop and maintain good working relationship and dialogue with internal and external stakeholders as appropriate with regard to regulatory reporting and proactively plan for and respond to any changes to regulatory reporting requirements (e.g. contributing to the development of Basel 3 requirements, supporting growth of business and support platform in APAC);
- A particular strategic focus for the near future is on supporting the implementation of new systems of record across APAC branch platform, complemented by the FRS regulatory reporting software.
- Assist to ensure the complete, timely and accurate delivery of all required regulatory reporting in the Region.
- Assist to ensure consistency with each set of liquidity/capital/regulatory report rules by documenting reporting requirements, identifying clear roles and responsibilities, outlining preparation procedures, monitoring control points and conducting testing;
- Support APAC Regulatory Controller regarding ongoing testing and examination programs of WF SoX and Reg IC teams and WFAS (Internal Audit) and take responsibility for follow-up on any audit findings with implementation of corrective actions.
- University degree (or equivalent) and with experience of GAAP and Regulatory Reporting within the financial services sector
- Progressive track record of experience and achievement
- Demonstrable change management skills, particularly those involving process re-engineering and systems change
- Strong technical skills including a good current working knowledge of regulatory reporting in the context of (ideally both) APAC and/or US financial services
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Be able to work independently whilst providing positive collaboration within a fast paced environment