- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
Location: Hong KongThe Role / Responsibilities:
This is an opportunity within a communications team to work on a wide range of captivating issues that are at the heart of the Asia Pacific and global capital markets. In this role, you will help create and edit promotional content covering macro-economic, sovereign, financial institution, corporate finance, structured finance and project finance sectors. The ideal candidate should be skilled at identifying and distilling complex messages and communicating them in an impactful format to a broad audience. Essential experience includes creating compelling and newsworthy promotional content. Essential experience includes creating compelling and newsworthy promotional content, including press releases and social media content, as well as the ability to flag and edit content that carries potential headline risk. To achieve this, the role entails working closely with analysts, media officers, event organizers and senior managers in Moody's offices across Asia Pacific. He or she will also be working within a team of two other Content Strategists located in Singapore and Sydney.
The role also involves working on internal projects and creating and leading internal training programs on writing.
Candidates should have high-level writing and verbal skills, be able to work with colleagues at different levels of seniority and display robust team skills. They must think strategically and beyond their day-to-day agenda. They should also be able to work independently, show a strong sense of initiative and have a good grounding in technology and social media. Flexibility - the ability to work on and prioritize different projects and in different areas - is also essential.
A strong knowledge of the financial markets - particularly the credit markets - macro-economics and current affairs is required along with at least five years of experience, either in the financial markets, media, public relations, communications, social media or other forms of outreach.
A promotional mind-set is essential.
This position offers excellent opportunities for career growth in a high-profile and dynamic industry.
Required Specific Qualifications required include:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in economics, finance, communications, business, or a related discipline
- Approximately 5 - 8 years of related working experience
- Familiarity with the capital markets
- Background in drafting promotional material for capital market related research
- English fluency/proficiency is essential
- Well-developed IT skills including Microsoft Office, specifically Word; aptitude in using new content management and database applications and other proprietary systems
- Ability to build strong professional relationships at all levels and across different geographies
- Strong attention to detail
- Comfortable prioritising and working to tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Effectively able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Able to manage upwards
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Work using own initiative and without close supervision
- Fluency/proficiency in Mandarin is a plus
- A strong knowledge of Greater China would be advantageous
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.