Consumer Bank - APAC Audit Manager, Vice President
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Propositionexplains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all. Description:
Citi Internal Audit is a dynamic global function of over 1,600 professionals located across more than 60 countries, covering Citi's global businesses and service to clients and customers through its network in 98 countries. Through a culture of continuous improvement, Citi IA is focused on maintaining its position as a best in class IA function and is committed to investing in people, learning and development, innovation and methodology programs.
The Internal Audit mission is to provide independent, objective, reliable, valued and timely assurance to the Board, senior management and regulators of Citigroup and Citibank (and its subsidiaries), over the effectiveness of culture, ethical conduct, governance, risk management, and controls that mitigate current and evolving risks and to enhance the control environment.
The function is made up of multiple teams covering each of Citi's product and functional areas, as well as dedicated teams for IA Operations, IA Innovation and IA Quality Assurance.
Citibank, N.A. (CBNA or the Bank) is a direct, wholly owned subsidiary of Citigroup Inc. accounting for approximately 75% of Citigroup's total assets. The Bank is subject to regulation and examination by the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC) and also by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) and the Federal Reserve Board (FRB). The foreign branches, representative offices and subsidiaries of CBNA are subject to regulation and examination by their respective foreign financial regulators as well as by the OCC and the FRB. In response to the guidance each of these agencies produces, the support team, under the CBNA CEO, is responsible for the governance and control infrastructure for the Bank.
The IA CBNA team is a central team within IA, reporting to the Chief Auditor for Citibank, N.A. This team will be accountable for oversight, coordination and direction within IA to enable consistent and sufficient coverage across CBNA by developing and maintaining strong working relationships with Internal Audit Product/Functions team(s), Business & Functions Risk/Control, Program leads and Citi's CBNA Management Team. The team will also be responsible for effective check and challenge, driving consistency, for CBNA coverage, structuring and resourcing needs, coordination, aggregation, and reporting from an IA perspective of CBNA.
The role will be a member of the IA CBNA team reporting to the CBNA Senior Audit Manager focusing on matters across CBNA in addition to focusing on oversight of IA's review of the CBNA initiatives. This individual will need to stay informed on all regulatory affairs and initiatives requiring the development of a working relationship with key stakeholders and key members of the CBNA management and regulatory examination team. Key Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain good working knowledge of IA's methodology, especially as it relates to audit execution, issue validation and other assurance activities; CBNA Audit Universe and requirements for coverage of its entities
- Build strong partnerships with across IA Product/Functions team to addresses key information requirements and becoming a CBNA plan expert for the team.
- Work closely with the Resource Management Team and the Product/Function Team in ensuring that the CBNA coverage is properly staffed/aligned with staff utilization.
- Act as a strong advocate for data quality, promoting accuracy, completeness and consistency.
- Develop reports and provide information, including but not limited to analysis of IA/Regulatory Issues, auditable entity coverage, and exception reports.
- Interact with production and IA Global MI team - and internally-developed applications/tools to develop and track program progress.
- Support the preparation of high-quality, board-level reporting in relation to IA work on CBNA, including overview, executive narrative and necessary appendices, ensuring a succinct summary of the key items/themes for attention, supported by accurate, insightful analysis.
- Ensure that operational information related to CBNA IA activities is provided timely to key stakeholders; review Operational MI to ensure output and metrics are consistent with expected progression/development;
Job Family Group:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent combination of education/experience, including 6-10 years prior experience in a similar role.
- Prior experience in the financial services industry. Internal Audit experience is a plus.
- Strong understanding of - and experience providing - timely, high-quality, insightful data analytics and reporting under tight deadlines and among multiple competing deliverables, with flexibility to prioritize workload accordingly.
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative analytical skills with a proven ability to operate in a manually intensive data environment, extracting large volumes of data from disparate sources, cleansing and validating it, and transforming it into high quality, insightful and succinct 'Board-level' and senior management reporting that includes focused analysis, trending, and strong summarization of results.
- Intellectually curious, consistently evaluating "what is the data telling me?" and "why does it matter?"
- High level of proficiency with the MS Office Suite is essential, including Excel functions and PowerPoint. VBA knowledge is a plus, as is experience working with datasets in an SQL environment. SharePoint knowledge (development/creation of lists, document libraries, etc.) required.
- Customer service orientation and leadership/influencing skills
- Strong coordination and project management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, with the ability to collaborate across different functions and time zones on any of the MI team's outputs
Internal Audit Job Family:
Audit Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting