Consulting – Financial Services, Data & Analytics – Data Engineer (Cloud)
The EY Financial Services technology consulting team is continuing to grow and develop appropriate technology propositions aligned to market needs and demand, in particular in the space of Data and Analytics. We work collaboratively with the financial services clients and other EY teams to enhance their ability to use and interpret modern technologies and data, and develop their own enhanced capabilities to support better decision making, along with regulatory compliance, within their business.
Our consultants need the vision to articulate the big picture and the precision to see the smallest of details, all whilst focusing on the financial services domain. Technology and information are the assets which enable this, and our data and analytics practice provides innovative approaches to unlocking this value, solving many of our clients’ biggest challenges.
If you think you can meet the challenges of a focused consulting organization, understand how to grow and lead in a growing practice and work in the most complex of sectors our team is looking forward to hearing from you.
Your key responsibilities
As a Data Engineer you will work with our team to deliver solutions utilising leading big data platforms and cloud technologies. Our current team is working on some of the latest technologies in the region using advanced analytics solutions such as AWS, Azure, Hortonworks, Cloudera etc.
This is a varied role that will involve a mix of big data and traditional EDW projects and will find you:
- Designing and delivering solutions within big data environments such as AWS, Azure, Hortonworks, Cloudera etc.
- Working on projects across the Hadoop ecosystem including technologies such as Cloudera, Hortonworks, Spark, Python, Hbase etc.
- Working with data integration technologies such as Informatica, Datastage, SSIS, Nifi, Talend
- Working with data storage technologies such as Oracle, AWS Redshift, Azure SQL Data Warehouse
To qualify for the role, you must have
- At least 5 years’ experience as an ETL developer or data engineer within the data and analytics domain
- Experience of working in, or consulting into, the financial services sector
- Project delivery toolset experience in one or more batch ETL tools (such as Informatica, Microsoft SSIS or Talend) or open source data integration tools (such as Kafka or Nifi)
- Knowledge and experience in end-to-end project delivery, either traditional SDLC or agile delivery methodologies (or hybrid approaches)
- Exceptional communication, documentation and presentation skills
- Fluency in English, good communication and presentation skills (written and verbal) in Chinese (Cantonese or Mandarin)
What we will provide you
- We strive to recruit the talented people. This means you will be surrounded by highly skilled and passionate individuals wherever you go at EY.
- When you join our team, you open the door to a stimulating international career. It is rewarding to be part of an organization that is at the forefront of analytics. You will get a chance to work on and support sophisticated and market-leading products. We are a global organization with a promising future and lots of opportunities for you to evolve and grow.
- A culture where respect, integrity and teaming define the way we work together. You'll also find support for your continuous growth and success.
What working at EY offers
- Support, training, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- A variety of roles and client experiences, our senior leaders work with multiple client projects solving complex problems across industries
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.