Consultant / Senior Consultant - Mergers & Acquisitions - Strategy & Operations - Consulting- Hong Kong
About Deloitte China
Our professionals at Deloitte China provide a full range of audit & assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk management and tax services, and work closely within Greater China, across Asia-Pacific and around the world to provide clients of every size with local experience and international expertise. We have considerable experience in China and are one of the leading professional services providers in this marketplace.
The Deloitte purpose
is about making an impact that matters to our clients. Our extensive service spectrum enables us to help clients become leaders wherever they choose to compete. Deloitte is committed to investing in our people and empowers them to achieve more than they could elsewhere. Our work combines advice with action and integrity. We believe that when our clients and society are stronger, so are we.
To learn more about how Deloitte makes an impact that matters in the China marketplace, please connect with our Deloitte China social media platforms via www2.deloitte.com/cn/en/social-media .
Deloitte Consulting is the world's largest management consulting practice. In China we are one of the top consulting firms. Our team comprises around 1,600 bilingual consulting talents located in eight cities in China including Shanghai, Beijing, Hong Kong, Shenzhen, Guangzhou, Cheng Du, Chong Qing and Harbin. In global, we have over 44,000 professionals spreading in over 100 countries/locations. Deloitte Consulting is ranked No.1 in global consulting marketplace by revenue by Kennedy, a leading publisher of consulting marketplace analysis products. In China, Deloitte Consulting is ranked as one of the top 3 consulting service providers by Gartner, a global leading IT research and advisory company. Deloitte consulting is awarded as "the Best HR Consulting Firm".
Work you'll do:
- Analyze the external environment and appreciate its importance in the formulation of an organization's strategy
- Help shape a client's M&A strategy by providing insights to help them create an advantaged position in the market; leverage knowledge of corporate and growth strategies, digital strategies, and innovation to advise clients on their inorganic and organic growth
- Objectively evaluate organic and inorganic routes (build, buy, partner) to execute business strategy based on facts, robust analysis and reasoning
- Build expertise in several phases of the M&A lifecycle to enhance client recommendations
- Build experience in one or more functional work streams and understanding of dependencies with other functional work streams
- Produce a high quality work product and collaborate with others to deliver a superior client experience
- Understand how business functions operate and how sector trends impact a client's business
- Select appropriate methods for collecting and analyzing data, and develop informed recommendations that shape or support the client's business strategy
- Incorporate financial information when evaluating strategic options
- Work with broader Deloitte team and provide support to client's management in strategizing the deal and define deal synergies
- Support and manage M&A projects including JV strategy, merger integration, carve-out transactions, and post deal value creation
- Organize insights and define a logical flow to tell a story when presenting recommendations
You are also expected to:
- Identify and embrace our purpose and values, and put these into practice in your professional life
- Develop self by actively seeking opportunities for growth, share knowledge and experiences with others, and act as a strong brand ambassador
- Seek opportunities to challenge self; team with others across businesses and borders to deliver and take accountability for own and team results
- Build relationships and communicate effectively in order to positively influence peers and other stakeholders
- Understand objectives for clients and Deloitte, align own work to objectives and set personal priorities
- MBA degree in Finance, Economics, Engineering or related major, preferably MBA from a top-tier institution
- 4 years relevant management consulting, transaction and/or commercial experience with focus on Strategy, M&A, Innovation and/or Business Model Transformation
- Keen interest in business strategy, M&A, problem solving, structural analysis and communication
- Solid experience in strategy and project delivery; having successfully managed or led complex, multi-function/multi-stakeholder projects in a large corporate environment
- Passion for and knowledge of FinTech, Digital Ecosystems, New Retail and/or other emerging innovation trends
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with high commitment to quality client service
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent command of spoken and written English and Chinese, fluency in Putonghua is mandatory
- Candidates with less experience may be considered for Consultant
Deloitte China refers to Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu in Hong Kong, Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu in Macau, Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Certified Public Accountants LLP in the Chinese Mainland and their respective affiliates practising in Hong Kong, Macau and the Chinese Mainland.
Requisition code: CN168907