Conduct Risk Controls Manager - Senior Associate
The APAC Conduct Risk Controls Team sits within CIB Controls, part of F&BM. We work closely with other Control Managers as well as key stakeholders in Compliance, HR and Legal to support the senior business leaders on this high profile agenda. The team also partners with Conduct Risk counterparts in other LoBs, sharing best practices and lessons learned.
Culture and Conduct (C&C) is a strategic priority across the financial industry, with focus at the highest level of all firms given the global regulatory agendas. JPMorgan is no different, and as a leader in financial services has an important role to play driving this evolving agenda forward within the industry and partnering with regulators. JPMorgan has invested across all lines of defence and the Conduct Risk Controls Team plays a critical role within the 1 Line of Defence, partnering with Compliance and HR, in shaping and defining how we as a Firm should manage Conduct Risk, and then supporting the CIB/Asia Pacific business in elements of implementation.
The team has a broad and high profile agenda in a fast paced environment, covering areas such as orchestrating the Culture and Conduct Committee where C&C is set and discussed, interlocking with other committees; driving implementation of strategic conduct initiatives programmes; bringing forward lessons learned for committee review and / or applicability to other LoBs, executing quarterly Conduct Risk Assessment which feeds into a firmwide view of Conduct Risk; driving the Conduct Education strategy including the Business Conduct Training; and staying up to speed with the latest regulatory and industry developments in this ever evolving space. It is also a growing area of interest for a number of our clients and we play a part supporting the Business to meet those requests.
This exciting opportunity plays a critical role within the part of the team which looks at three specific pillars of work:
• Reporting and deck preparation
• Project management
• Governance What we can offer you:
• The opportunity to work in an agile high profile global team partnering with many F2B and Firmwide groups to support the business
• A dynamic operating environment
• Opportunity to influence and own discrete projects and processes
• Exposure to senior leaders across the firm
• An opportunity to learn about the lines of business, functions and regulatory landscape
• Supportive management structure to help you grow professionally, be successful in the role and achieve your next career goals. The ideal candidate is
• Adaptable, enthusiastic, curious and driven
• Excellent at building relationships across multiple groups within the organisation
• Comfortable producing decks and presenting to senior leaders and colleagues
• An influencer, able to work in a matrix organization and ask others for help
• Curious and enthusiastic to learn about different Lines of Business across the Bank, the emerging business of conduct risk management and the evolving regulatory environment
• A self-starter, happy to work out what to do next
• An innovator, always looking for ways to do things better and more efficiently
• A strong team member and collaborator, exchanging information freely
• Comfortable working in an evolving external environment which we play a role influencing as well as needing to respond quickly
• Discrete with confidential information at all times
• Exercise good judgment at all times. Key Responsibilities
- provide support for regional and Country specific Conduct related Committees with senior leaders, e.g. preparation of presentations, stakeholder communications, analysis of various data sets, etc. This may include presenting to senior audiences.
• Project Management
- independently run multiple BAU processes that involve liaising with numerous stakeholders and analysing LoB results, perform regulatory gap analyses and support ad hoc conduct related projects.
• Regulatory responses
- provide support in responding to regulatory queries raised by authorities / clients / external parties.
- Work independently and under minimum supervision to oversee the APAC and Country specific Conduct reporting. Partner with Compliance, Controls and HR to analyse data trends and supervise tasks undertaken by the Central Control Services team. Create quarterly timelines and co-ordinate multiple stakeholders across different functions to ensure reports are produced and reviewed by the due dates. Arrange meetings with senior stakeholders to present results and document minutes. Qualifications
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required
• 6+ years relevant working experience preferred
• Excellent stakeholder management skills
• Excellent analytical, organizational, prioritization and problem solving skills
• Excellent communication skills and ability to prepare presentations for an executive audience
• Competent with MS Office, particularly PowerPoint, Work and Excel
• Experienced Project Manager, able to work confidently in a fast paced, constantly evolving environment
• Ease of working across a range of complex issues; ability to learn new topics quickly, courage to ask questions
• Ability to effectively engage with senior leaders around the firm
• Ability to work both as an individual as well as a team contributor; self-motivated with attention to detail
• Ability to clearly communicate and present information both orally and in writing
• Knowledge of conduct regulations preferable
• Desire to learn more about Culture and Conduct and be a champion of the firm's How We Do Business Principles
• Ability to handle confidential information appropriately and with discretion
• Interested in how data and technology can be leveraged
• Fluency in Mandarin language preferred as this role will involve interaction with stakeholders based in China