Compliance Surveillance Manager - APAC Head of Information Barriers Surveillance, SVP
Serves as a senior compliance risk manager for Independent Compliance Risk Management (ICRM)'s Information Barriers Surveillance team responsible for the design, implementation, and oversight for a suite of surveillances designed to detect behaviors that may violate regulatory rules or internal policies and procedures. When potentially anomalous behavior is detected, the team is responsible for escalating the activity and working collaboratively with partners across the first and second lines of defense to determine the appropriate resolution of the matter, which may include employee discipline. The ICRM Global Surveillance platform encompasses a number of surveillance related portfolios including trade surveillance, e-communications and voice surveillance, employee trading, outside activities surveillance, and information barrier surveillance.
Key Activities include:
- Creating, enhancing and implementing surveillance scenarios and conducting surveillance reviews. The Manager will also be responsible for improving surveillance tools and applications by coordinating with Information Technology on the timely implementation of enhancements and proactively addressing potential issues.
- Managing a team or multiple teams of Compliance professionals. Responsible for hiring, compensation, performance appraisals, staff development, training, etc.
- Directly supervising the analyst review team, managing daily workflow and overseeing the surveillance team. Overseeing all administrative duties related to the day to day operations of the department including implementing process control functions to support updates to department procedures, global procedures and updates to Citi policies.
- Overseeing the preparation, editing and maintenance of ICRM program related materials; interacting and working with other areas within Citi, as necessary; and keeping abreast of regulatory changes, new regulations and internal policy changes in order to further identify new key risk areas.
- Other responsibilities include monitoring adherence to ICRM's Risk Policies and measuring compliance risk through a robust control framework and ensuring that reviews are conducted consistently across each entity on a regular basis to confirm that controls identified are operating effectively; partnering, collaborating and working with other areas within Citi, as necessary; and keeping abreast of regulatory changes, new regulations and internal policy changes in order to further identify new key risk areas.
- Directly managing and overseeing the day to day responsibilities of IBSG and Insider Trading activity covered by the team. Both internal and external facing activity across watch, restricted list, research and market facing activities.
- Leading on the design and identification of core Insider Dealing alerts to ensure effective identification, disposition and escalation to regulatory and other bodies is effectively undertaken as prescribed by regulatory requirements.
- Building a close relationship with key stakeholders across product ICRM and AML teams to coordinate escalation and reporting
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Expertise of Compliance laws, rules, regulations, risks and typologies
- Strong skills in organizing workflow, ideas and materials
- Experience with drafting Business Requirement Documentation (BRD)
- Excellent written, verbal and analytical skills
- Must be a self-starter, flexible, innovative and adaptive
- Highly motivated, strong attention to detail, team oriented, organized
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to articulate complex problems and solutions through concise and clear messaging
- Ability to work collaboratively with regional and global partners in other functional units; ability to navigate a complex organization; to influence and lead people across cultures at a senior level
- Experience in managing regulatory exams and relationships with examiners, auditors, etc.
- Awareness of regulatory requirements including local and US laws, international and industry standards
- Advanced knowledge in area of focus
- Minimum 10 years market practice and experience with proven experience in these areas
- Bachelor's degree; experience in compliance, legal or other control-related function in the financial services firm, regulatory organization, or legal/consulting firm, or a combination thereof; experience in area of focus; previous experience managing a diverse staff
- Advanced degree (e.g. JD, MBA) a plus
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - HK------------------------------------------------------
Time Type :------------------------------------------------------
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE .
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE . To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE .
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE .
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE .