- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Commonwealth Bank of Australia
- 22 Nov 17
Compliance ManagerJob no: 995531
Business group: International Financial Services
Grade: OV18-182 CBA (Offshore) Level 2
Work type: Permanent full time
Location: Hong Kong
Categories: Risk Management & Compliance
CBA - International Financial Services (IFS) is the business unit responsible for driving the Group's emerging markets growth strategy, across Asia and Africa. This will be achieved through a ground breaking digital strategy for retail and SME customers, focused on financial inclusion.
The primary purpose of this role:
IFS Compliance provides the IFS HK office and IFS business unit and its proprietary businesses with compliance risk advisory and oversight, connecting Group frameworks with fit for purpose deployment in the IFS businesses through the in-country compliance teams.
We are currently looking for an experience Compliance professional to join our team.
More speci fically your main duties will include:
- Monitor and communicate changes to relevant compliance obligations and take appropriate actions to ensure ongoing compliance where necessary.
- Develop, execute and maintain the IFS compliance risk management framework including compliance monitoring, assurance and reporting programs. Evaluate and advise on compliance issues in relation to interpretation of Group Frameworks for IFS entities in Indonesia, South Africa and other jurisdictions, as required.
- Develop and maintain co-operative and effective working relationships with stakeholders.
- Contribute to the design, implementation and on-going improvement of the IFS compliance risk management framework, including thematic and specific compliance monitoring and assurance.
- Contribute to the development of, and undertake compliance training.
- Review material completed by IFS HK and IFS entities for external distribution, as required.
What will make you successful?
- A motivated individual who is a pragmatic and risk aware problem solver.
- The ability to communicate to a range of stakeholders to follow up actions and initiate work plans.
- A sound understanding of the global financial services regulatory risk environment
- Able to work independently with strong time management skills
- Deep understanding of Hong Kong regulatory environment is desirable but not essential,
- Experience within a a regional or a global role would be preferred.
- Experience as a compliance generalist currently working within financial services.
- Tertiary Qualification
At IFS opportunities are there for the taking. If want to be part of our purpose and live and lead through our values, we can offer exciting development opportunities through expanded lateral roles, stretch assignments or people leadership. We are committed to building a respectful and inclusive workplace, appointing the best person for the role, supporting diversity. All information will be held in the strictest of confidence.
Advertised: 09 Nov 2017 China Standard Time
Applications close: 30 Nov 2017 China Standard Time
It's our people's talent, initiative, ideas and energy that help us achieve great things, together.