Compliance, Compliance Investigator, Vice President / Associate, Hong Kong
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB GLOBAL COMPLIANCE
Our division prevents, detects and mitigates compliance, regulatory and reputational risk across the firm and helps to strengthen the firm's culture of compliance. Compliance accomplishes these through the firm's enterprise-wide compliance risk management program. As an independent control function and part of the firm's second line of defense, Compliance assesses the firm's compliance, regulatory and reputational risk; monitors for compliance with new or amended laws, rules and regulations; designs and implements controls, policies, procedures and training; conducts independent testing; investigates, surveils and monitors for compliance risks and breaches; and leads the firm's responses to regulatory examinations, audits and inquiries. You'll be part of a team with members from a wide range of academic and professional backgrounds, such as law, accounting, sales, and trading. We look for those who possess sound judgment, curiosity, and are able to adapt to a changing regulatory landscape. Business Unit and Role Overview
Compliance Testing Group ("CTG") is seeking an individual who is a self-starter who exudes energy, curiosity, and enthusiasm to conduct investigative work covering the various firm businesses and divisions. The principal objective of CTG is to create and execute detailed testing to assess compliance with regulations and firm policies, working closely with Compliance and business management to refine firm processes. CTG's global team (with locations in New York, Salt Lake City, London, Warsaw, Tokyo, Singapore, and Hong Kong) is comprised of individuals with varying backgrounds and experience (former auditors, accountants, regulators, prosecutors, compliance professionals, lawyers and traders). The individual will work closely with Compliance and business management, and gain an understanding of both the firm's businesses and the rules and regulations under which the firm operates.
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual who enjoys investigative work. An ideal candidate will leverage their prior experience in sales and trading, strategist, market risk, product controllers, legal, or audit to investigate whether activities and practices comply with policies and regulations and the firm's compliance control infrastructure. This individual should be comfortable handling multiple projects and having daily interactions with senior members of the businesses and engineers. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS Responsibilities
- Propose methods of testing and execute plans discussed and agreed with a team leader
- Gather data, perform analyses, and document results
- Identify potential compliance, conduct and reputational risks, and effectively escalate to appropriate individuals
- Leverage strong communication skills to interact with Compliance and senior business management
- Team with colleagues around the globe to share findings and refine processes
- Execute multiple projects at the same time and meet tight deadlines
- Bachelor's Degree
- Broad knowledge of financial products, markets, and laws and regulations in Asia, in particular SFC rules
- Excellent written English skills, with ability to describe complex issues in a clear and concise manner
- Excellent interview, presentation, communication, time management, and analytical skills
- Integrity, motivation, intellectual curiosity, and enthusiasm
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Fluency in English
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Compliance, auditing, testing, legal, or regulatory/law enforcement experience
- Experience in the financial services industry, either working for an investment manager, broker dealer, law firm, accounting or Big 4 financial services advisory firm, or a national regulator
- Fluency in Chinese, Korean, or Japanese beneficial
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity