Recruitment Business Partner
Bovill is an independent, specialist financial services regulatory consultancy with a global offering. We specialise in helping clients solve difficult and interesting problems, so we look for people who thrive on intellectual challenge, can roll up their sleeves to delve into issues and get satisfaction from helping clients, conduct a thorough analysis of a problem and translate that into practical advice.
Our Hong Kong Practice is looking for a highly motivated, proactive yet disciplined compliance associate to provide high quality, advice to our clients. We specialise in helping clients solve difficult and interesting problems, so we look for people who thrive on intellectual challenge, can roll up their sleeves to delve into issues and get satisfaction from helping clients, conduct a thorough analysis of a problem and translate that into practical advice.
Bovill associates participate in marketing and business development, assist with technical research and the production of technical materials, and participate more generally in the development and growth of the company.
Some of the areas you can expect to be involved in include:
- Advise and support clients on a wide range of regulatory compliance matters
- Drafting and maintaining policies, procedures and compliance monitoring programmes
- Developing training materials and assisting in delivering training sessions
- Assisting with regulatory matters including licensing applications and notifications to the regulators
- Carrying out compliance health checks and periodic monitoring
- Responding to ad-hoc and routine regulatory queries
- Arrange and help prepare for client meetings
- Foster a professional relationship with clients and contacts, ensuring regular and open communication
Successful candidates will have:
- A minimum of 2 years demonstrable compliance-related experience gained at a financial institution, legal practice, consultancy and/or the regulator.
- First class communication skills with bi-lingual fluency in Cantonese. Mandarin would also be desirable.
- A 2:1 or equivalent degree and be prepared to work towards or already hold a professional financial services qualification.
- Knowledge and experience of SFC and HKMA rules and regulations, as well as an understanding of the SFC’s policies and procedures is expected
- Strong technical knowledge of the fund management sector, or broking sector and anti-money laundering regulations.
- A passion for solving interesting problems and have an interest in learning how to manage relationships with clients and the wider team.
Bovill Hong Kong is a key part of our global strategy. However, the office is small and therefore needs to leverage the resources of Bovill Singapore and the other global offices (London and New York). An ability to foster good working relationships with global colleagues is therefore critical.
Given the technical nature of the work we do, exceptional written and oral communication skills, and high attention-to-detail are paramount.
In return we offer:
- The opportunity to work in an entrepreneurial, fast moving, stimulating environment
- Strong career development support – mentoring, coaching, relevant training and development – to enable your progression to consultant
- The opportunity to work closely with, and learn from, our global team of regulatory experts who are truly committed to assisting your development
- A small informal company environment with minimal bureaucracy
- A competitive salary, performance-related discretionary bonus, and generous benefits package
We welcome your application, to include your current CV