Compliance - Regional Regulations Advisor, Senior Vice President
Serves as a senior compliance risk officer for Independent Compliance Risk Management (ICRM) responsible for establishing internal strategies, policies, procedures, processes, and programs to prevent violations of law, rule, or regulation and design and deliver a risk management framework that maintains risk levels within the firm's risk appetite and protect the franchise. In addition, engages with the ICRM product and function coverage teams, in order to partner to develop and apply CRM program solutions that meet business and customer needs in a manner consistent with the Citi program framework.
Key Activities include:
- Designing, developing, delivering and maintaining best-in-class Compliance, programs, policies and practices for ICRM.
- Translating ICRM strategy and goals across Citi's clients, products and geographies in a succinct and clear manner; provide direction and guidance on the programs. Serves as a subject matter expert on Citi's Compliance programs.
- Providing oversight and guidance over the assessment of complex issues, structuring potential solutions and driving effective resolution with other stakeholders.
- Identifying and assessing Citi's key compliance risks. Ensuring compliance risks within Citi are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled, consistent with the bank's risk appetite statement and all policies and processes established within the risk governance framework.
- Monitoring adherence to Citi's Compliance Risk Policies and measuring compliance risk through a robust control framework and ensuring that reviews are conducted consistently across each entity on a regular basis to confirm that controls identified are operating effectively.
- Performing complex analyses of comparative data, preparing and presenting regional and global reports related to compliance risk assessments, and monitoring of compliance related issues.
- Partnering, collaborating and working with other areas within Citi, as necessary.
- Keeping abreast of regulatory changes, new regulations and internal policy changes in order to further identify new key risk areas.
- Other responsibilities include:
- Reviewing regional Global Inventory for effectiveness in terms of scope, risk-tiering and clarity of summaries.
- Reviewing the content of relevant new Laws, Rules and Regulations (LRRs) to advise clients on impact to Citi and advise partners in regard to the appropriate mapping of controls.
- Preparing reporting on new LRRs and their impact to Citi.
- Assisting Regulatory Change Management partners regarding the development of effective and sustainable Change Management processes.
- Assisting external partners in lines of business and functions in regard to the development of internal controls that address Compliance risks raised by LRRRs.
- Provide advice regarding Citi's requirements under the Regulatory Change Management process.
- Coordinate with country, product and function-aligned colleagues across all lines of defense to work towards the implementation of effective processes, procedures and controls in order to adhere to key regulatory requirements.
- Advise countries, product, function and ICRM colleagues on established policies and procedures and monitor and assess their adequacy.
- Communicate with stakeholders across multiple lines of defense to ensure an holistic approach to regulatory implementation.
- Raise awareness around both emerging areas of elevated regulatory risk identified by the Regulatory Change Management program, and of the criticality of the program itself.
- Work with management to ensure continued improvement in self-identification of issues, and appropriate escalation and monitoring processes to ensure timely and effective remediation to mitigate Compliance Risk related to regulatory changes.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE Education level and/or relevant experience(s) Required:
- Proactively anticipate and help the business and functions plan for changes in the compliance and regulatory environment\Work closely with Training to identify compliance training needs based on Regulatory Change Management activities.Support development and delivery of role-based training for the Regulatory Inventory and Change Management process.
Bachelor's degree; experience in compliance, legal or other control-related function in the financial services firm, regulatory organization, or legal/consulting firm, or a combination thereof.Experience in providing legal advisory services and experience with the development and enhancements to financial institution internal controls preferred. Preferred:
Advanced degree (e.g. JD) a plus Knowledge and skills
(general and technical) Required:
• Expertise of Compliance laws, rules, regulations, risks and typologies;
• Excellent written, verbal and analytical skills
• Must be a self-starter, flexible, innovative and adaptive;
• Highly motivated, strong attention to detail, team oriented, organized
• Strong presentation skills with the ability to articulate complex problems and solutions
through concise and clear messaging
• Ability to work collaboratively with regional and global partners in other functional units;
ability to navigate a complex organization; to influence and lead people across cultures at
a senior level
• Experience in managing regulatory exams and relationships with examiners, auditors,etc.
• Awareness of regulatory requirements including local and US laws, international and
• Advanced knowledge in area of focus
Job Family Group:
- Prudential regulations, privacy and anti-money laundering laws
Compliance and Control Job Family:
Compliance Risk Management Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting