Compliance - China Coverage, Manager/ Director (Hong Kong)
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 42 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values based on integrity, excellence and giving back. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
China Compliance team is responsible for the overall compliance framework for all MS platform/business activities in China including securities, banking, asset management, private equities and offshore businesses. The businesses are currently operated under various platform including securities JV, fund JV, QFII, Stock Connect program, Bank subsidiary, and wholly owned foreign enterprises (WOFEs). The Compliance team is responsible on advisory, regulatory interaction, training, monitoring and surveillance, policies and procedures and oversight. The Compliance officer will be reporting to Morgan Stanley’s China Compliance Head.
• Regulatory development monitoring: Check regulatory platforms and websites for regulatory development and update relevant stakeholders on the development in a timely manner.
• Regulatory reporting: Coordinate and draft the regulatory reports for non-bank China entities.
• Advisory: Advise employees on Compliance policies and regulatory requirements for business activities, including IED, IBD/GCM, etc..
• Compliance projects and coordination: Assist Morgan Stanley China Compliance Head in compliance projects/initiatives and coordinate with Compliance teams under the respective MS regulated entities to ensure consistency; Coordinate with regional team to ensure MS standard is adopted.
• Licensing and registration: Ensure business and personnel activities are operated within the licensed scope and with proper registration.
• In the initial period in Hong Kong, the individual will assist the Hong Kong business coverage compliance teams on different matters. Qualifications:
• Adequate knowledge of financial regulatory and compliance requirements in China
• 3-5 years of financial industry working experiences
• Effective written and oral communication skills in both English and Mandarin.