Compliance - Asia Pacific Outsourcing and Data Compliance, Vice President (Hong Kong)
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm’s employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 42 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career – a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Professionals within Legal and Compliance provide a wide range of services to our business units. They might help to structure a complex and sensitive cross-border transaction; advise on a new product introduction; develop a training program or defuse an investor dispute. They preserve the firm’s invaluable reputation for integrity and protect the firm from sanctions with policies and procedures that meet regulatory requirements around the world. They also strive to maintain cooperative relationships with governmental policy makers and the regulatory and self-regulatory agencies that govern the firm’s businesses.
Background on the Position
This role is based in Hong Kong and reports to the Global Head of Outsourcing Compliance and the Asia Pacific Head of Infrastructure Compliance. Headquartered in Hong Kong in Asia Pacific, Morgan Stanley operates across a number of jurisdictions in the region conducting investment banking, asset management, sales and trading and wealth management activities. The Outsourcing Compliance team provide advice and guidance to businesses and infrastructure teams in relation to outsourcing, data and resiliency related rules and regulations
- Advise internal stakeholders on Asia Pacific outsourcing and data related regulations and rules
- Review and approve new outsourcing proposals related to Asia Pacific entities
- Track, interpret and help to implement new rules and regulations from regional regulators in relation to outsourcing and data, participating in industry discussions as appropriate
- Work with global colleagues to enhance and implement controls and governance frameworks around outsourcing
- Assist to develop and deliver policies and training around outsourcing and data
- Represent Compliance on relevant local and regional governance committees
- Oversee all reporting and interactions with regional regulators on relevant topics
- Advise on impact to Asia Pacific entities and businesses from global regulatory / firm outsourcing and data initiatives