Commodities Trade Support, Associate
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 26 Apr 18 2018-04-26
See job description for details
This role is to provide operational supports for Commodities S&T activity in Asia and to liaise with Commodities TSG team in London on complex issues and queries. Main business support areas are (a) OTC and (b) Listed derivatives.
The range of commodity products covered includes: precious metals, freight, European power & gas, coal and oil. Most of activity is financial (i.e. swaps, options and futures), although physical spot and forwards in precious metals (i.e. gold, silver) are traded.
The successful candidate will be responsible for several key operational control steps in the trade life cycle. Key responsibilities include:
- Work with Listed/Clearing teams to ensure all exchange breaks owned by Asia Commodities S&T are fully accounted for and resolved
- To ensure all trade activity from the exchanges feed down into the various risk systems
- To ensure the timely calculation of the remaining structured trades before moving into Trend (FID system) in Q1/2 2018
- Perform T+0 affirmations on trades by liaising with our vendors in India
- Reference data set up for OTC and Listed
- To review daily exception reports (i.e. exposure, UMR, etc.)
- To review and complete the set up and maintenance of reference data for counterparties and trade related data
- To work with other Infrastructure areas- i.e. Listed Ops, IT, Finance, Legal and Compliance.
- To understand the trade lifecycle, products, processes and systems, and to ensure risk controls are documented and implemented by the team on an ongoing basis as best practice.
- To identify and implement continuous improvements in systems and processes to enhance controls and gain efficiencies
- Experience dealing with Sales & Trading (demanding internal stakeholders)
- An awareness of the current regulatory environment (EMIR, CFTC and MIFIDII)
- Communication and risk awareness - ability to understand financial concepts, and communicate end to end lifecycle of a trade, risks and controls clearly and concisely at all levels
- Numeracy and attention to detail - able to learn concepts quickly and maintain a strong focus on control and accuracy
- Organizational skills and resilience - ability to handle pressure in high workload situations, prioritizing effectively and delivering against deadlines
- Initiative - high level of self-motivation, ability to take responsibility for tasks and managing team workload, proactive attitude to learning and sharing the team's workload
- Experience in commodities (OTC, Listed and Physical products) and/or derivatives is a plus
- Ownership/Guardianship - Ability to take responsibility for tasks and issues and see them through to resolution.
- Business product knowledge across all derivative products
- Good understanding of the front to back processing i.e. trading, clearing & settlement in order to understand market developments