Collateral Trading Services #111498
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- Credit Suisse Asia
- 24 Apr 18 2018-04-24
Collateral Trading Services #111498
The Hong Kong Equity Trade Management team is currently a +30 person team, based on the HK Trading Floor, supporting the Equity Front Office across APAC covering numerous different equity products, primarily Derivatives.
Core responsibilities of the group are to support the accurate trade capture (whether by TM Team or Trading themselves) of all Equity products and monitor the booking of relevant lifecycle events. Responsibility also extends to include oversight of all relevant control reports and management of the resolution of queries from Operations and Shared Services.
This role is for a team member of the Collateral Trading support team. The Central Collateral Desk is responsible for raising financing on a secured basis in line with the new regulatory driven liquidity requirements.
The main products traded, and therefore knowledge required of, are: Securities Borrowing & Lending, Collateral Upgrades, Repo and Swap.
The team will initially be primarily focused on the go-live of the onshore secured funding business in Japan.
Responsibilities will also include:
• Perform due diligence check and/or the trade capture
• Understand the risks of products and liaise with FO on the best practice of booking/booking methodology
• Manage life cycle events
• Resolve queries from various Operations and Shared services groups
• Support book migrations and new products rollout
• Interact with a diverse set of stakeholders to ensure business is serviced at an appropriate level
• Run exception based reports at EOD to control the business
• Notify downstream groups of any trades that may require exception processing
• Participate in bank wide strategic projects to increase efficiency, control and security around bookings and valuations. This also involves giving advice on the best methodology on booking
• Suggest tactical and strategic solutions in terms of system enhancements related to trade entry, trade feed and data verification in both Front and Back Office systems
• Deal with clients across the region and offer support to trading desk in dealing with client issues and requests
The opportunity to develop your understanding of financing products and strategies as well as the drivers of liquidity and leverage across the region and the firm, with face to face daily exposure to the APAC Central Collateral Desk. Developing detailed experience of securities lending, swaps and repo products traded in the context of the new regulatory environment with one of the world's foremost banks.
• Understanding of Collateral trading - function, methods and impact
• Experience in either (i) Collateral Operations - exposure management, collateral booking, recall management or settlements or (ii) Collateral Trading Support - inventory and recall management, liquidity reporting
• Exposure to Credit Suisse systems such as Global1, Slate+ and Vision
• General knowledge of Front Office & Operations processes and products.
• Ability to prioritize and work well under pressure.
• Demonstrated ability to innovate and drive change.
• Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills.
• Proven ability to work in a team environment.
• Excellent quantitative and analytical skills.
• Proactive in self training and ability to implement new controls and procedures to improve own role.
• Analytical and confident personality with excellent relationship skills in order to interact with sales, trading, and senior management on business issues.
• Undergraduate degree or equivalent diploma