Cloud Tech Lead working for a leading bank in their digital team developing various mobile and web applications.
The Cloud Technology Lead job is responsible for designing the Cloud infrastructure and creating blueprints of application designs. They are also responsible for coding and development of applications, including deploying, and debugging cloud-based applications, and responsible for
developing automations across the Technology delivery lifecycle including construction, testing, release and ongoing service management, and monitoring of a product or service in a pod within a Technology team.
They will be required to continually enhance their skills within a number of specialisms which include advanced technical skills and experience in designing distributed applications and systems on the Cloud platform, CI/CD, automation, pipeline development, security, testing, and operational support.
This role will carry out some or all of the following activities:
- Designing and deploying dynamically scalable, available, fault-tolerant, and reliable applications on the Cloud
- Selecting appropriate Cloud services to design and deploy an application based on given requirements
- Migrating complex, multi-tier applications on Cloud Platforms
- Designing and deploying enterprise-wide scalable operations on Cloud Platforms
- Implementing cost-control strategies
- Provide support across the end-to-end delivery and run lifecycle, utilising their skills and expertise to carry out automation activities in software development, testing and operational support activities with the ability to move between these according to demand.
- End to end accountability for a product or service, identifying and developing the most appropriate Technology solutions to meet customer needs as part of the Customer Journey
- Liaise with other engineers, architects, and business stakeholders to understand and drive the product or service’s direction.
- Establish a digital environment and automate processes to minimize variation and ensure predictable high-quality code and data.
- Create technical test plans and records, including unit and integration tests, within automated test environments to ensure code quality.
- Analyse production errors to define and create tools that help mitigate problems in the system design stage and applying user-defined integrations, improving the user experience.
- Working with Ops, Dev and Test Engineers to ensure operational issues (performance, operator intervention, alerting, design defect related issues, etc.) are identified and addressed at all stages of a product or service release / change.
- Provide support in identification and resolution of all incidents associated with the IT service, as directed by leadership of the DevOps team.
- Ensure service resilience, service sustainability and recovery time objectives are met for all the software solutions delivered.
- Responsible for automating the continuous integration / continuous delivery pipeline within a DevOps Product/Service team driving a culture of continuous improvement.
- Keep up to date and have expertise on current tools, technologies and areas like cyber security and regulations pertaining to aspects like data privacy, consent, data residency etc. that are applicable
- Provide leadership within an engineering discipline (Cloud, API, UI etc)
- Own the engineering standards for the XFT within that discipline
- Work across Pods to ensure consistency of quality and delivery ways of working
- Feed in to the technical leadership of the XFT
- Build relationships with Engineering Leads from other XFTs
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related disciplines
- 5 or more years of hands-on development experience with capacity in defining architectures, technology roadmaps, and leading a team of engineers
- Proficiency developing with modern programming languages and web technologies, and ability to rapidly develop proof-of-concepts
- Ability to work with geographically distributed and cross-functional teams
- Skills for developing, deploying & debugging cloud applications
- Skills in API usage, command line interface and SDKs for writing applications
- Knowledge of key features of Cloud Service Providers
- Understanding of application lifecycle management
- Ability to use continuous integration and distribution pipelines to deploy applications
- Ability to code to implement essential security measures
- Skills in writing, correcting and debugging code modules
- Code writing skills for serverless applications
- Understanding in the use of containers in development processes
- Extensive knowledge about APIs. You can design RESTful services and integrate with other data providers, and you know when to use JSON or XML
- Expert in code deployment tools (Jenkins, Puppet, Ansible, Git, Selenium, and Chef)
- Expert in automation tools (CloudFormation, Terraform, shell script, Helm, Ansible)
- Familiar with Containers (Docker, Docker compose, Kubernetes, ECS, GKE, ECS, EKS)
- Familiar with Monitoring (CloudWatch, AppDynamics, New Relic, Splunk)
- Possess a strong command of software-automation production systems (Jenkins and Selenium)
- Working knowledge of databases and SQL (Structured Query Language).
- Demonstrated ability to define technology roadmaps and drive its execution
- Solid experience with AWS or GCP administration and management
- A solid understanding of networking and core Internet protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP, and distributed networks)
- Experience building highly available, secure, distributed systems
- Experience building extremely high volume and highly scalable web services