About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. The Role Responsibilities
SRE Delivery Team is delivering resilience solutions for Hong Kong.
The candidate is responsible for ensuring the performance and reliability of applications on the cloud platform. We focus on growing the observability of our cloud platform and in quantifying key performance metrics.
As a member of the team, you will be involved in the complete life cycle of a project, including implementation, automation, thorough testing, documentation, monitoring, guiding other teams that may hand over work to and to serve as an SME.
Develop cloud-based solutions from software development to cloud deployment
- Advise the use of cloud technologies in early stage of development
- Act as 3 rd level support for issues in production
- Integrate in-house CI/CD pipeline with private / public cloud
- Adopt best-practice in software development
- BS in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent industry experience
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Systematic problem-solving approach coupled with a strong sense of ownership and independence
- Experience as 3 rd level support for infrastructure and services in *nix and public cloud environments (AWS, GCP, etc.)
- Experience operating, troubleshooting, and scaling online services in cloud based environment
- Experience providing on-call support for high priority incidents
- Operational experience with networking and an understanding of networking principles
- Experience with scripting languages (PowerShell, Python, etc.)
- Experience in full software development lifecycle
- Experience in configuration and maintenance of distributed applications (servers, load balancers, storage, messaging, monitoring, etc.)
- Acute drive to automate manual operations and to improve them through repeated iteration
- Technology experience such as Cloud (AWS, Azure), SDN/SD-WAN, CDNs, Internet IXP, Whitebox Solutions
- Demonstrated growth mentality, enthusiasm about learning new technologies quickly and applying the gained knowledge to address practical business problems
- Experience with orchestration tools such as Ansible/Salt
- Hands on experience with Git, CI/CD pipeline
- Familiarity with Visualization tools like Grafana/Kibana
- Demonstrated knowledge of fundamental cloud security (e.g., Identity and Access Management, firewalls, etc...)
- Experience with configuring and monitoring via tools such as DataDog, ELK, Splunk, AppDynamics, etc. will be a plus.
- Good team player in dynamic agile team
- Prefer working experience in global banking / financial institution
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Self-motivated, p assionate and keen to continuously develop your profession
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.