Client Tax Operations Utility - Tax Client Support - Associate - Hong Kong
About J.P. Morgan Chase & Co.
J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.1 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management and private equity. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com About J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. Business Overview: Global Tax Operations
Global Tax Operations primary responsibility is to maximize client's investments by either facilitating effective tax relief at source on client investment income or retrospectively reclaiming taxes from global tax authorities. This is a high-risk product with diverse market procedures, a significant change agenda and complex market/regulatory requirements. Job Description
The Asia Pacific Tax Client Support Team is a new and expanding function and has been developed to provide in-region support on tax matters to our clients. The role provides the opportunity to develop relationships with clients as you assist them with their Tax Services.
The Tax Client Support Associate, will support multiple clients across the Asia Pacific region, working closely with the Global Tax Client Support team as well as with the Global Tax Operations team. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Point of contact for tax enquiries to support our client's tax servicing needs.
- Taking proactive responsibility for the resolution of client's enquiries within the published standards.
- Pro-active management of client relationships.
- Execute forward thinking to maintain response quality and completeness to prevent case reopening
- Contribute to the tax component of service reviews and other meetings with the client
- Analyse root-cause of recurring issues through regular review of metrics, and assist in developing programmes for service enhancements arising from these figures
- Support and guidance on
- Outstanding/expiring tax documentation
- Relief at Source
- Retrospective Reclaims
- Capital Gains Tax
- Financial Transaction Tax
- Tax Regulatory Reporting
- Ensure close collaboration with the sub-custodian network and the internal Network Management Group
- Continually review operational tax processes to identify areas for enhancement
- Identify and escalate tax risks and participate in resolution
- Assist in client tax account reviews and ad-hoc projects across the wider Tax Operations team
These points have been carefullyconsidered as being essential for the role. Your background mustaccurately reflect all of these for your application to be considered.
- You must have a relevant Degree qualified and/or equivalent industry experience
- You must be able to demonstrate operational tax experience within financial services, specifically global custody or investment banking
- You must be able to discuss experience of client service and relationship management communicating complex tax issues with internal and external stakeholders
- You will be able to give examples of your priority management experience within a financial services environment where accuracy is of paramount importance and where there are multiple deadlines in a risk awareness environment
- You will be able to give examples of your successful internal and external communication and problem solving experience
- You will be able to give examples of your risk awareness and operational control experience within financial services.
- You will be able to discuss your process improvement experience, where you clearly articulate ideas, concepts and procedural changes to clients
- You will be able to give examples of your problem solving skills and experiences
- You will have proven experience within an arena where accuracy is critical within strict deadlines .
- ATT qualified
- IOC or other industry related benchmark qualification