Client Services Manager
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. The Role Responsibilities
Financing and Securities Services, a division within Financial Markets, will cover all Securities Services Client businesses services - Custody, Clearing, Fiduciary and Fund Services, Securities Lending, Money Markets and Prime Services, as well as Utilities services -Funding Desk, Credit Valuation Adjustment, and the Modelling and Analytics Group.
The key objective of the Client Solution team is to create an excellent client experience for our clients across our footprint. This should be uniform and consistent across all booking locations. The mandate of this team commences from post sales through to day-to-day servicing of our clients. The core function of this team currently includes implementation, local service management, client services for both Securities Services and Prime Brokerage. This team will act as a conduit between Front Office and Operations, ensuring a seamless handshake between both parties, and a streamline day-to-day servicing.
FSS deems Client Solutions as integral to the success of FSS. High Level Objectives:
To deliver the right level of client service and advice to Financing, Securities Services clients in all interactions for their transactional enquiries complains, and other service-related issues based on the client tiering model.
- Responsible for serving as primary contact person for clients and internal staff for advice, enquiries, complaints and any other service issues.
- Deliver excellent service against agreed service standards and in line with client satisfaction criteria.
- As an internal voice of client, work together with other key internal stakeholders to solve client issues timely with no/minimal escalation and identify opportunities to improve overall service for the clients.
- Foster long lasting relationships and rapport with premier clients at the transactional / operational level.
- Identify opportunities for service improvement based on useful metrics and demonstrate results
- Manage existing/strategic clients to maximize client satisfaction and contribute to the client incident management by ensuring timely rectification and escalation where required. Ensure root cause analysis is completed and preventative measures are implemented effectively. Service level reviews conducted in a planned manner with appropriate engagement from internal stakeholders (i.e. Sales and/or SSO participation if needed).
- Manages Client Due Diligence Visit and Service Review call
- Communication with local regulators and market players for the market issues to impact to clients
- Build trusted partnerships with clients at the daily transactional / operational level
People and Talent
- Primary point of contact / escalation for external clients in terms of providing solutions, enquiries, complaints, resolving of discrepancies and transactional errors.
- Ensure the provision of the highest standards of client service in response to client enquiries and complaints in order to deliver best in class client service.
- Ensure incidents are managed and resolved in a timely manner. Actively engage with internal stakeholders and support functions to overcome obstacles in resolution of incidents while providing timely updates to client and internally on progress made.
- Continually identify opportunities to improve client efficiency and performance, through e.g. optimizing channel usage, identifying service improvements, product solutions, and cross-sell opportunities.
- Proactive client engagement and regular "pulse checks" for premier clients through due diligence visits, service reviews, proactive communication of market news, deeper understanding of clients' need end-to-end, questionnaires completion, RFP, etc.
- Maintain a professional and positive SCB image through all interactions with clients.
- Assist in implementation of service and efficiency improvement initiatives in Securities Services and facilitate transfer of best practice.
- Execute team operating standards set out by the Country Head of Client Solution to ensure highest standards of service execution and related client communication.
- Ensuring participation of training modules and track training completion.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Full awareness of the Bank's risk management approach
- Thematic analysis and review of client issues and complains in order to identify root causes and remediation actions.
- Uphold highest level of code of conduct to ensure full compliance with regulations, policies, and procedures.
- No exception to completing mandatory trainings timely.
- Comply with Operational Risk Framework set out for Client Service including but not limited to client identification, complaints and enquiry handling.
- Comply with applicable Money Laundering Prevention Procedures and, in particular report any suspicious activity to the Unit Money Laundering Prevention Officer and Line Manager.
- Adhere to policies including escalation and compliance requirements and follow any other relevant internal controls and procedures as they relate to process, products, policies and regulations.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters
- Bachelor's degree or above
- Good communication skills
- Minimum of 5 years client services experience in Securities Services with proficient product / process knowledge within securities services
- Organised with attention to detail
- Client focused and willing to go beyond expectations
- Ability to articulate well with all people at different levels
- Good analytical skills
- Ability to inspire trust and confidence in clients creating credibility
- Effective interpersonal and communication (including questioning) skills
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.