Client Services Associate - HK
- Not Specified
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Matthews Asia
- 19 Jan 18 2018-01-19
Matthews Asia is an independent, privately owned investment manager headquartered in San Francisco with offices in London and Hong Kong. Founded in 1991, the firm specializes in investing in Asia’s equity and fixed income markets for institutions, intermediaries and retail investors worldwide.
Senior Client Service Associate – Hong Kong
Matthews Asia is an independent, privately owned investment manager headquartered in San Francisco with offices in London and Hong Kong. Founded in 1991, the firm specializes in investing in Asia’s equity and fixed income markets for institutions, intermediaries and retail investors worldwide. Portfolio Managers are equity owners of the firm and invest side-by-side in the strategies that we manage for our clients. For over 25 years our bottom-up, active investment approach has focused on identifying the most attractive long-term growth opportunities in Asia’s diverse markets. Our portfolios typically feature low turnover rates and high active share, with holdings that differ significantly from their benchmarks. Our long-term perspective and culture of independent thinking facilitate our delivery of a consistent and distinctive value proposition to our clients and partners.
Additional information on Matthews International Capital Management, LLC and Matthews Asia Funds can be found at www.matthewsasia.com.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS: This position will report to our Head of Asia Business Development and to our Head of Global Client Relationship Management
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
As part of the Asia Business Development and Client Service team, you will support the efforts of our Asia business development team in driving new business relationships and in providing superior client service and retaining existing clients. This role will interface with a number of departments across the firm, including product strategists, portfolio managers/researchers, channel marketers and reporting/operations specialists.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Supporting Asia-based Business Development colleagues with all on-going sales, service and communication with clients and prospects including research on client base coordinating responses to client data and information requests, coordinating RFP responses, developing client service and retention plans and implementing sales and service strategies,
- Interfacing with portfolio managers, investment product specialists, channel marketers, compliance officers, consultant relations staff, operations and portfolio administration personnel, to organize client meetings and coordinate/produce presentation material content Manage Compliance approval process for presentations and client requests
- Cultivating strong relationships with a roster of clients and prospects, becoming the “go-to” person for account specific information which can include security level information, portfolio investment performance clarifications and modification requests, fund-related requests, cash inflows and redemptions.
- Writing and publishing client meeting summary notes posted to CRM; maintaining full and holistic client relationship-level information in CRM.
- Develop asset class fluency across Matthews Asia’s product range, including equity and fixed income strategies.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant investment management/institutional experience
- Bachelors degree (Masters degree and/or CFA a plus)
- Fluent in English, Cantonese, and Mandarin
- Demonstrated capacity to forge positive and effective internal and external relationships. Polished and professional client communication skills, both verbal and written
- Commitment to excellence, meticulous attention to detail and ability to effectively multi-task.
- Broad understanding of Asian financial intermediary market, asset allocation topics, and Asian investment strategies
- Long-term conviction for Asian investing, general understanding and appreciation of Asian cultures, and intellectual curiosity about the region
- Eagerness to learn and understand all aspects of the business, and setting and delivering on strategic and tactical objectives
- High level of integrity, honesty, diligence and loyalty
- Drive and ambition for professional success, self-starter, entrepreneurial spirit
- Ability to work across multiple geographies and stakeholders, with maturity and judgment in dealing with internal and external clientele
- Successful track record working on a small, focused team within a larger group, with extensive day-to-day contact with team head
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills including proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint.
- Creativity with respect to formulating presentations and responding to client requests
- Experience working with CRM systems to organize and manage client data, track inflow/outflows, and reporting requirements
Matthews International Capital Management, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. The Company does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), age, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, political activity or affiliation, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition as defined under applicable law, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, taking or requesting statutorily protected leave, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws or ordinances