Client Service Manager
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- Wellington Management Company, LLP
- 22 Apr 18 2018-04-22
Client Service Manager
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 50 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
Tracing our roots to 1928, Wellington Management is one of the world's largest independent investment management firms. With US$1 trillion in assets under management as of 31 December 2017, we serve as a trusted adviser to institutional clients and mutual fund sponsors in over 62 countries. Our innovative investment solutions are built on the strength of proprietary, independent research and span nearly all segments of the global capital markets, including equity, fixed income, multi-asset, and alternative strategies. As a private partnership whose sole business is investment management, our long-term views and interests are aligned with those of our clients. We are committed to attracting a talented and diverse workforce, and to fostering an open, collaborative culture of inclusivity because we believe multiple perspectives lead to more informed investment and business decisions. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome people with diverse life experiences, fresh ideas, and specialized subject-matter expertise.
The Client Service Management (CSM) team contributes to Wellington Management's mission by delivering first class client service to both institutional clients and mutual fund sponsors. The Client Service Manager will represent the firm in managing overall service delivery for clients and driving the resolution of client service queries.
This responsibility begins with the on-boarding process for new clients and extends throughout the lifecycle of the client relationship. The Client Service Manager, with his/her project management experience, will be accountable for coordinating client-related activities to ensure that the firm successfully delivers upon the agreed operating and reporting requirements of our clients.
Working closely with the Relationship Managers, the Client Service Manager will be the point person overseeing areas such as account openings/closings, IMA/guideline negotiations, benchmark identification, client reporting requirements, operational due diligence coordination, transition management, coordination of cash flow processing, assisting with error investigations and direct client interactions on operational and servicing-related items.
In this collaborative environment, , the Client Service Manager will also work closely and leverage on other internal functions such as the Global Relationship Group, Portfolio Management, Portfolio Services, Investment Services, Trading, Legal and Compliance, Product Management, Fund Services and other teams within our Client Services Group (CSG) to ensure the clients' requirements are met.
This role will be based in Hong Kong and will service clients in North Asia. Some travel is required.
- Serve as a trusted partner and advisor to the business, working collaboratively with the Relationship Managers to ensure a positive client experience
- Coordinate internal discussions and negotiations regarding client service requirements, including operational and reporting items, prior to acceptance and documentation with each client/prospect
- Lead the client onboarding process in collaboration with the transition team, including coordination of the IMA review, guidelines, fee set up, and other legal documentation
- Partner with Client Reporting Services to establish reporting and servicing standards with the client in terms of required data, delivery and schedule. Pro-actively manage and monitor service delivery. Lead client meetings to discuss client service related topics and develop solutions to solve them
- Contribute to the management of the business from a servicing point of view, by participating in projects, committees, and informal groups, and initiating consideration of issues. This helps to evolve our client service infrastructure to minimize risk and enhance service delivery
- Evaluate the firm's client service capabilities/gaps and related risks driven by client requirements
- Mentor and work closely with Client Analysts (CAs) and other analysts, providing direction on client-related requirements and workflows
QUALIFICATIONS / ATTRIBUTES
The Client Service Manager should have a minimum 10 years of experience in the investment management industry, client service, planning, and operational experience. In addition, the candidate should possess the following:
- Strong skills in relationship building, collaboration, influencing and consensus building
- Depth of expertise with complex investment related issues, capital markets, and the curiosity to continue to learn
- Sound business judgement and the ability to synthesize complex issues while effectively balancing competing objectives and risks
- Ability to think creatively and solve the clients' business problems
- Exceptional project management/organizational skills, including the ability to follow through, multi-task, be consistently responsive, and manage changing priorities while meeting often strict deadlines
- Flexibility, including the ability and willingness to function as a player and a coach
- Strong interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills, and the ability to push back with grace when needed
- Fluency in spoken and written Korean/Mandarin is a strong advantage
- A college degree is required and a CFA/MBA is preferred
Client Service Manager
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management considers all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at Wellington@icareerhelp.com .