Client Onboarding Specialist
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
Private Banking Client Onboarding Services (COBS) team in APAC Business Processing Services (BPS) is a one stop shop that supports Front Office with the relationship onboarding process. This role will be focused on supporting Private Bank Relationship Managers with activities and services for the Client Onboarding process.
We are a department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm's D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standards
- Perform independent review on customer identification, document formalities of different types of accounts (Individual, PIC, Corporate, Trust, Foundations etc.) and ensure all accounts satisfy the required standards before onboarding.
- Perform name searches in Negative News Screening system and first level discounting of potential adverse news hits.
- Perform data capture and validation in the Client Relationship Management system
- Uphold the highest standards of control, always keeping data integrity in mind while carrying out day-to-day tasks
- Stay relevant with the latest regulatory, policy and procedural requirements
- Take ownership of relevant procedural documentation and ensure procedures are updated on a timely basis
- Report higher risk matters or regulatory questions to the Financial Crime Compliance team
- Provide support for any regulatory related, audit, review requirements
- To prepare and conduct training on client onboarding processes as required
- Deliver continuous operational improvements, in view of the changing operating and regulatory environment
- Any other tasks assigned by the manager or department head
- Seek to ensure that your KYC / SoW knowledge is up-to-date and in alignment with internal (policies and procedures) as well as external (regulatory)
- Understand the value of diversity in the workplace and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work. This should be further elaborated on in your application.
- Possess at least 3 years of relevant experience in KYC/CDD documentation experience in Private Banking/Wealth Management
- A reasonable understanding KYC requirements in Asia (MAS, HKMA & or AUSTRAC - requirements)
- Acquired relevant academic qualifications: University Graduate with Bachelor of Law/ Accounting/ Finance / Business/ Economics
- Proactive and a self-starter, with a can-do attitude
- Exhibit outstanding analytical problem solving ability and can think out of the box
- A collaborator who is committed to service delivery excellence and always has the bank and clients' best interests in mind
- Demonstrate the capability to build and maintain positive relationships at all level with key internal clients including business, operations and colleagues in Compliance and Regulatory Affairs
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal ability
- Possess the ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Proficient in using MS Office applications including but not limited to MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success.