Client Due Diligence Specialist
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
Your responsibilities include:
• Conduct adverse news screenings of clients in the service level agreed time, minimizing risks, delays and improving the quality standards ensuring full compliance with all relevant requirements
• Facilitate and coordinate with Client Facing Employees, Front Office Management and other key partners such as Compliance, APAC and Location FLDS etc. and acting as subject matter expert on various topics like Know-Your-Customer ('KYC'), Adverse News, etc.
• Manage priorities, across all cases/jurisdictions, based on timeline, risk ratings, and legal entity types
• Support screening activities, to ensure Sanctions, PEP and Adverse Media / Negative News screenings performed in accordance within CS procedures
• Where gaps have been identified, you would provide suggestions on how they can be closed. Where areas of improvements have been identified, you would provide suggestions such as streamlining the existing controls for possible increased efficiency
• Assist in Ad/Hoc Ongoing regulatory projects, and perform relevant control activities
Your future colleagues
We are a department that offers a range of hardworking, experienced people, based in different locations. We practice high integrity, promoting clarity and an attitude to continuously challenge oneself.
The department values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm's D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global cultural values. You Offer
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success.