Client Due Diligence Specialist
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
Your responsibilities include:
• Conduct adverse news screenings of clients in the service level agreed time, minimizing risks, delays and maximizing the quality standards ensuring full compliance with all relevant requirements
• Facilitate and coordinate with Client Facing Employees, Front Office Management and other key partners such as Compliance, APAC and Location FLDS etc. and acting as subject matter expert on various topics like Know-Your-Customer ('KYC'), Adverse News, etc.
• Manage priorities, across all cases/jurisdictions, based on timeline, risk ratings, and legal entity types
• Support screening activities, to ensure Sanctions, PEP and Adverse Media / Negative News screenings performed in accordance within CS procedures
• Where gaps have been identified, you would provide suggestions on how they can be closed. Where areas of improvements have been identified, you would provide suggestions such as streamlining the existing controls for possible increased efficiency.
• Assist in Ad/Hoc Ongoing regulatory projects, and perform relevant control activities.
Your future colleagues
We are a department that offers a range of multi-talented, experienced people, based in different locations. We practice high integrity, promoting transparency and an attitude to continuously challenge oneself.
The department values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm's D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global cultural values. You Offer
We are looking for:
- Fast learner with at least 3 years of experience in AML / CTF and KYC or related knowledge and experience for degree holder
- Utilize technical skills and knowledge to solve problems and give advice
- A team-player with attention to detail and keen to work in a diverse environment
- Has a client service mind-set and acts to add value to the business / clients
- Proactive, processes to achieve goals and deliver results
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Traditional Chinese and Simplified Chinese language skill is a must to ensure continuation in supporting the First Level Discounting of Traditional & Simplified Chinese adverse news
- Understands the value of diversity in the workplace and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success.