Client Approval & Review - Private Banking
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Hong Kong
- 21 Oct 18
The Client Approval and Review Team will work closely with Front Office to provide overall advice and assistant on account opening, client due diligence and maintenance to minimise error / rejection rates and ensure effective processing in agreed cycle times.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Review accounts against all set internal standards for Client Due Diligence
- Check on the quality of the Source of Wealth and assist the Relationship Managers in writing/ corroborating good SOW to required standards.
- Review/ Conduct other Due Diligence requirements such as adverse media findings, Sanctions link, Tax red flags etc, consult with the Relationship Manager and escalate as appropriate
- Determine and advice the frontline if other searches are needed to supplement those already done for Account Opening and Periodic Reviews
- During periodic review, check if required documentation is kept up to date
- Advise on PvB CDD policy and procedures and applicable local laws and regulations
- Advise on and escalate higher risk relationships and reputation risks arising from CDD to Compliance or Local Client Committee (LCC)
- Consultation with functional experts (ie, Legal, Compliance, Financial Crime compliance) as needed
- Contribute to the implementation and controls for daily processes and assist with the update of procedures
- Leverage on expertise and train the frontline in order to produce high quality SOW and complete Account Opening and Periodic Review Packs to avoid reworks and to aid in faster turnaround time.
- Comply to agreed Turn Around Times for assigned activities as detailed in the Document Operating Instructions and the Service Level Agreements
- Promote the spirit of continuous improvement by flagging any procedural issues that impact delivery of responsibilities with suggestions improvements and work around.
- Provide a final recommendation to proceed/not proceed on accounts submitted for Account Opening or Periodic Review
Qualifications & Skills
- Solid knowledge and understanding of regulatory requirements relating to CDD/AML and internal procedures
- Minimum 3+ years relevant experience in AML/KYC and/or client onboarding, from banking and/or financial services sector with a focus on private banking clients or corporate banking
- Compliance knowledge applicable to the Financial Services industry, including relevant professional certification on AML/CFT.
- Excellent verbal, presentation and written communication skills
- Ability to think globally / see the overall picture and multi-task
- High level of integrity and professionalism
- High attention to detail
- Standard Chartered is an equal opportunity employer. We have a meritocratic culture where each individual employee is valued and respected for who they are as a person and for what they bring to the organisation.
- Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.